DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 minute ago, Captain Kronos said:

Makes sense, I suppose. But it's like if someone busted out an earthlink.com email address. It made me chuckle. 

Most people get tripped up on it being Herb Meltzer instead of Dave.

• Like 1

I think it's funny that people still get hung up on the Juno account or the email coming from Herb Meltzer mainly because I first subscribed to the Observer in 99 or 2000. Basically, whenever you could email your credit card info to Dave (imagine how fucking crazy that would be now) and you're sending it to some Juno account and it's going to a dude named Herb. Back then you're like, shit, I hope this is going to Dave. Also, who uses Juno in 2000?

18 years later it continues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I had Juno back in 1996... Because you didn't need internet and it was free. It was great. I ran an efed through that ?

Oh yeah, e-fedding in the '90s. Good times. Back when a sliver of writing talent and a gross fucking sense of humor would earn you a bunch of e-championships. Or in the case of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, a Comedy Central show. 

• Like 4

Myself and my parents all got Juno accounts when we finally got a home internet connection in 1996.  I kept my Juno email account until 05/06 when I finally got on the gmail bandwagon.  That email is still active and I occasionally use it if I need a dummy account for something.  My dad still uses his Juno account, but he also uses a flip phone.

46 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Oh yeah, e-fedding in the '90s. Good times. Back when a sliver of writing talent and a gross fucking sense of humor would earn you a bunch of e-championships. Or in the case of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, a Comedy Central show. 

You just reminded me that I killed a character once when the handler decided to leave..

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Myself and my parents all got Juno accounts when we finally got a home internet connection in 1996.  I kept my Juno email account until 05/06 when I finally got on the gmail bandwagon.  That email is still active and I occasionally use it if I need a dummy account for something.  My dad still uses his Juno account, but he also uses a flip phone.

I still use a flip phone. 

• Like 2

I am currently watching South Eastern Women's Wrestling at Creature Comforts Brewery, Athens GA.

It is service industry night and all profits are going to support groups dealing with sexual harassment in the service industry.

You will never attend a more hipster wrestling show than this. Needless to say, the wrestling makes GLOW look like New Japan (edit: the last two matches were a little better). I kind of want a Stone Cold Jane Austen t-shirt though.

I will post some photos in a bit.

• Like 2

Stone Cold Jane Austen? That is the greatest gimmick in the history of our great sport. 

What's her finishing move named? Final Persuasion? The Emmasculator? The Bodice Ripper? Don't leave me in suspense, man!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I've been subscribing so long, I renewed by sending a check in the mail. 

I used to just mail Dave a $5 bill back in the day. (that was good for four issues).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Stone Cold Jane Austen? That is the greatest gimmick in the history of our great sport. 

What's her finishing move named? Final Persuasion? The Emmasculator? The Bodice Ripper? Don't leave me in suspense, man!

Book to the head. Tanya Trucker got peepee on her though, so I don't really blame her.

She hit a Stunner that was so slow it could have been a Kikutaro spot near the start.

https://www.facebook.com/sewwrestlers/

Poster spoilered for size

2 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

I am currently watching South Eastern Women's Wrestling at Creature Comforts Brewery, Athens GA.

It is service industry night and all profits are going to support groups dealing with sexual harassment in the service industry.

You will never attend a more hipster wrestling show than this. Needless to say, the wrestling makes GLOW look like New Japan (edit: the last two matches were a little better). I kind of want a Stone Cold Jane Austen t-shirt though.

I will post some photos in a bit.

As someone who has worked a few jobs in the service industry, I would 100% support a show like this. There is an enormous amount of sexual harrassment that goes on behind the scenes in bars and restaurants and the like.  

• Like 5

Enzo was on Austin's podcast and said the original plan for Raw 25 was:   

The poker segment was going to lead to him betting the CW Title and losing it to the Million Dollar Man.   He was then supposed to wrestle Goldust without the strap.   Later on Nia Jax was supposed to join the poker game and win the CW back from DiBiase.  

Everything was blown up and canceled around 5pm when he was sent home by Vince after the sexual assault tweets came out.  

So... mixed blessings?  

18 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Enzo was on Austin's podcast and said the original plan for Raw 25 was:   

The poker segment was going to lead to him betting the CW Title and losing it to the Million Dollar Man.   He was then supposed to wrestle Goldust without the strap.   Later on Nia Jax was supposed to join the poker game and win the CW back from DiBiase.  

Everything was blown up and canceled around 5pm when he was sent home by Vince after the sexual assault tweets came out.  

So... mixed blessings?  

That sounds absolutely terrible; not even entertaining in a terrible way like a Nazi frozen in time, now in modern society with a Jewish manager. 

...or Shiek Tugboat

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Craig H said:

I think it's funny that people still get hung up on the Juno account or the email coming from Herb Meltzer mainly because I first subscribed to the Observer in 99 or 2000. Basically, whenever you could email your credit card info to Dave (imagine how fucking crazy that would be now) and you're sending it to some Juno account and it's going to a dude named Herb. Back then you're like, shit, I hope this is going to Dave. Also, who uses Juno in 2000?

18 years later it continues.

As someone who still uses their totally embarrassing username that I came up with 20 years ago on many corners of the internet, I don't think a juno email address is all that bad.

I still get a kick out of logging into my student loans as DevilSaint78 after all these years.  

23 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Made a wrestling-themed crossword during down time at work.  It's in the spoiler.  If anyone's into this sort of thing, please enjoy!  The wrestling-related clues are in blue text.

Reveal hidden contents

36177321_10215127653798843_6275611680961

36270056_10215127653958847_6590761473310

36223117_10215127654038849_2068657499036

This was fun.  I printed it out last night and my daughter and I did it today for part of her school work.

• Like 1