DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Speaking of jerks,

“I was getting so much heat it was awesome that people probably won’t appreciate it until five, ten years from now. Like a babyface transition that I made and on a marketing level too it was crazy and Vince wanted me in that grey area though. He didn’t want me full-blown. He had plans to make me full-blown that nobody else knew about, not even the other people that were involved in it.”

“I mean look at that Nia / Alexa Bliss WrestleMania blow-off. What do you think was gonna happen? How else could I get full-blown heat? Enzo Amore with the grey area trying to get full-blown heel real, real f–king heat. How do you do that? I’m using Nia as a heater to keep my title and I get caught hooking up with her best friend backstage. Bang, that’s how you do it. Nia didn’t know that. Alexa didn’t know it. I knew that because Vince told me […] I was just toying along with her I wanted her to win me matches, I wanted her to be like Chyna.”

9 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Honestly, everyone here can probably name someone that everyone else loves, but that we just don't "get".  For me, it's Toshiaki Kawada.  Hey, if you can't work a great match without kicking the shit out of your opponent, then you can't work a great match.  (Come at me, bro.)

The bold part I totally agree with, but I think Kawada is THE wrestler among the Japanese Greats who is mostly loved for his selling and his facial expression. The physicality of his matches is only added bonus I'd say. 

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Even if Simon Gotch is an asshole:

Simon > Enzo

I met Simon a few weeks ago at an Indy card here in Virginia. He was really personable and super nice to everyone. Obviously that doesn't mean he's a great guy to work with but I had a great interaction with him. He talked at length with anyone who wanted to chat with him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Michael Hayes tweets are much more entertaining if you read them in the voice of a whiny teenage girl

Or you read it imagining Hayes' raspy voice coming from a teenage girl.

DOOT DOOT DOOT

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

What's the crack with this doot doot doot-ing? I'm missing the joke

It's an ongoing thing from Something to Wrestle With.

Michael is him referring to himself in third person.

The Mike he misses is Hawk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

It's from Bruce Prichard's podcast 

Edge and Christian have talked about Hayes doing that too, but they focus more on Hayes always saying "here we go."

Dave on C*ss's firing from reddit (tl;dr he blew off a production meeting, beat up a little person on tv, and was an all-around shithead):

McMahon fired Big Cass at a meeting in Toledo prior to Smackdown. The reasons given were the 5/1 incident, as well as blowing off a rehearsal for a promo that Kevin Dunn has asked for and then going long on the live version of that promo. There was a lot of heat regarding the promo that Vince McMahon hated, and he fired the writer of it a few weeks ago. There was also an incident that happened on the European tour where he locked himself in the tour bus bathroom and then destroyed the bathroom and broke down the door when he couldn't get out, because the lock malfunctioned and he believed he was being pranked. Because the door was knocked down, it meant the other wrestlers could not use the bathroom the rest of the trip in privacy, not to mention the damages it caused. There were said to be other issues regarding his behavior on the European tour. He also had enemies from years back from vociferously defending The Donald while in an argument with Sami Zayn about treatment of Muslims that ruffled many people's feathers, although had nothing to do with his being fired.

There was also negativity from other producers that dated back to the feeling that the Big Show vs. Big Cass feud, which took place before his knee injury, didn't go well and he took the brunt of the blame. There was also negativity of his work in the recent Bryan feud, but not performing up to par was also not the reason for someone to get fired in the manner that he did. We were also told the 5/1 incident was not the key incident in him getting fired, as the reaction to that was going to be done by changing his storyline, which would mean the two submission losses. What is notable is that a lot of independent promoters are already looking at reuniting Enzo (Eric Arndt), now calling himself Real 1, & Cass, who won't be able to use that name going forward. However, the two had a major real-life falling out but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't work together for the right price.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1