DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Because WWE doesn't see value in tag team wrestling.

That's another thing that's a mystery to me. Their model of doing business where only the stars they want to get over are allowed to. If Grape Fanta or Coke Zero starts selling more product than Coca Cola, the company doesn't stop making grape Fanta or Coke Zero so Coca Cola can get it's sales back up. So dumb...

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Casey said:

Because WWE doesn't see value in tag team wrestling.

OR...

The two of them together were industrial-strength backstage heat magnets.  So, separating them - which you'd have to do eventually anyway - will hopefully allow at least one of them to become a more productive performer.  When they continued being shitheads, they cut bait.   

Some headaches are not worth it. 

• Like 6

BTW - the Sami Zayn injury angle is legit (I know I already posted this in the RAW thread)

He is headed to Birmingham to have his knee and shoulder checked. Both are lingering injuries he has been wrestling with for awhile

33 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

In this era if you're not an above average worker it doesn't matter how big you are you're not going to last very long. From the time Cass was in nxt he was a crap singles wrestler. 

Eh, I love Braun but I wouldn't call him an above average worker.  He's gonna be around a long time.

17 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Eh, I love Braun but I wouldn't call him an above average worker.  He's gonna be around a long time.

After this big push, I expect Braun to be involved in an illigitamate son angle, similar to Jason Jordan.  Except in this scenario, he's May Young and Mark Henry's love child.  They've been building to this angle with the "get these hands" catch phrase.  Pure gold from WWE creative!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

He has a great look, charisma and ring presence. Things Cass will never have. 

I thought something was up when on the Hidden Gems section of the Network, they published a video of Ryback destroying Enzo and Cass at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, iowanole said:

After this big push, I expect Braun to be involved in an illigitamate son angle, similar to Jason Jordan.  Except in this scenario, he's May Young and Mark Henry's love child.  They've been building to this angle with the "get these hands" catch phrase.  Pure gold from WWE creative!

You jest, but I can see them doing a Braun/Alexa romance now that the Mixed Match Challenge has been formally introduced into Raw canon. WWE posted photos of the two holding the MITB briefcases to take the shape of a heart. Sooner or later, they're going there with those two.

Enzo and Cass are the ultimate case study in how people big in NXT don't translate to the big roster in many cases.

You can make a very strong case that they were the hottest act NXT ever had. They were a huge part of the show. Their mic work and charisma overrode their complete inability to wrestle.

Being a good promo only gets you so far on the big stage. They had good opportunities when they called up. They didn't hold their end of the bargain. They supposedly acted like dopes in real life.

Next. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, iowanole said:

Continuity 

latest?cb=20120928112400

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Enzo and Cass are the ultimate case study in how people big in NXT don't translate to the big roster in many cases.

You can make a very strong case that they were the hottest act NXT ever had. They were a huge part of the show. Their mic work and charisma overrode their complete inability to wrestle.

Being a good promo only gets you so far on the big stage. They had good opportunities when they called up. They didn't hold their end of the bargain. They supposedly acted like dopes in real life.

Next. 

C'mon Greg, settle down... I'd love to hear the argument that these guys were the hottest act NXT ever had. They were a couple of sub-mediocre wrestlers with a catchphrase and intro. There was no "mic work" to speak of, there was just the same old thing week after week that some people found to be amusing.  Hell, the Exotic Express had more of a potential shelf-life than these guys.

• Like 2

I had assumed they put Bryan in the Cass feud to get Cass over, but it seems now like it was more a combo of “let’s see if Bryan’s health holds up - put him in a feud with no one important while we see” and “if Bryan can’t make him look good, cut Cass”.