DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Just when I start getting used to something that was mind-blowing (example:  Impact footage/references on WWE TV/Network) something like happens.

Though if I were Kenny and the Bucks I would turn down WWE.  They proved they don't need their machine to make lots of money and it's on their terms.  But that's just me.  If anything the Bucks would be relatively used to the WWE schedule anyway considering how often they're on the road.

Kenny just became top champ of the 2nd biggest promotion in the world, one of their 4 pillars, and has creative freedom.  Oh, and his best friend is a tournament away from becoming the 4th pillar.  He's not going to WWE.

• Like 5

Britt Baker tweeted that she was on the All In show. The All In twitter account quote-RTed, and said that "the road to September 1st includes a lot of Cracker Barrel stops."

Things went weird from there.

Spoiler

Twitter is both the best and worst social media platform.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Kenny just became top champ of the 2nd biggest promotion in the world, one of their 4 pillars, and has creative freedom.  Oh, and his best friend is a tournament away from becoming the 4th pillar.  He's not going to WWE.

If WWE were determined to sign him, they would get him. 

Crazy speculative question:

How would it move the needle if NJPW and WWE did a deal where Omega/Bucks faced New Day at 'Mania, and they had a trade-off where New Day wrestled BC at a big NJ show?

• Like 2

The collective internet would shit their pants.  Simultaneously.

That being said, I don't think it makes sense for NJPW to have their top champion face anyone less than AJ or Brock, possibly Cena if they're looking for someone to put Omega over.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nate said:

Crazy speculative question:

How would it move the needle if NJPW and WWE did a deal where Omega/Bucks faced New Day at 'Mania, and they had a trade-off where New Day wrestled BC at a big NJ show?

Uncle Dave says Omega is a bigger draw than Cena so I’m sure it’s would do big business. 

Paige tweeted about also having problems at that hotel and Mandy Sacs had a few Instagram stories about it too.

In a later tweet - Rusev said he is pressing charges and that he filed a police report

• Like 3

Interesting little note I wanted to post since the topic has come up in a few threads.

From the new WON

A major note on the talent that worked the ITV tapings is that in a sense they were the first wrestlers in modern times to perform under a collective bargaining agreement since they were treated as television actors in the U.K. They adhered to the rules of the Equity UK/ITV agreement, and used the terms used primarily for those on soap operas on ITV. The Equity union negotiated the minimum rate through collective bargaining. The talent was able and was encouraged to negotiate above the minimum. The performers were treated like any other talent in a dramatic production as far as having their costs associated with being in the area and performing taken care of as far as travel and accommodations. During the old World of Sport days, wrestling was not treated in this manner and was unregulated, but this was a precedent for wrestling in the U.K. The hope is that if the first season is a success they’ll be able to collective bargain for better minimum rates for season two

• Like 4

Also - one of the two members of the Authors of Pain had a visa issue and that is why they vanished from TV for a little bit.

It is cleared up and then can return but the WWE doesn't "want them becoming one of the Slater & Rhyno and Ascension teams so the idea is to bring them back when they’ve got time to get them over"

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also - one of the two members of the Authors of Pain had a visa issue and that is why they vanished from TV for a little bit.

That just goes to show you that they never should have ditched Ellering.  The Road Warriors never had visa problems when he was managing them.

• Like 8
  • Haha 15