DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Matches for Punk at #ALLIN

Punk v Jericho for the IC title

Punk/Cabana vs Young Bucks

Punk v Ryback

Other that that he should stay retired.

I'm going to LMAO though when he makes a suprise return at the Rumble and has a title match at Mania against Cena/Styles/Nak/Bryan, turning into the same 'pay day part time guy' he originally quit over.

17 hours ago, caley said:

I was just thinking to myself, "Wait, was Money in the Bank tonight?!" but then I remembered Raw and Smackdown didn't have people randomly climbing ladders to deliver promos in the most inorganic way possible and neither episode ended with someone who has no prayer of winning sitting on top of a ladder holding a briefcase.

Yep, not wasting any time on that first part tonight. Lmao

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Matches for Punk at #ALLIN

Punk v Jericho for the IC title

Punk/Cabana vs Young Bucks

Punk v Ryback

Other that that he should stay retired.

I'm going to LMAO though when he makes a suprise return at the Rumble and has a title match at Mania against Cena/Styles/Nak/Bryan, turning into the same 'pay day part time guy' he originally quit over.

I’ve seen so much of Punk against both Jericho and Ryback that it still feels too soon to do either again. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Joecc said:

Colt’s podcast is worth checking out as an insight into the court case. Does a really good job of conveying his emotions and inner turmoil/stress the case caused him. 

Posted in the Colt Pod thread in the media section. 

22 hours ago, Hagan said:

Super didactic, but CM Punk's reign wasn't a record in any way and Brock has a different belt anyway.

Punk being the "longest champion of the 'modern era'" or the "longest reigning champion since Randy Savage" is just made up corporate-babble. 

It was like when Floyd fought Conor and people were talking about him "beating the record Rocky Marciano set" as if no other fighter had ever gone 50-0 or if Rocky had any record. 

Well at least Brock passed something unlike a certain UFC test....

...because I got bored during Raw, crazy I know, I decided to look up Hulk Hogan's failed business ventures and came across this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wrestling_Boot_Band

To prove I'm not a complete dick, I'll give Hogan credit because proceeds from the album went toward helping a young fan with cancer's family pay their medical bills.

15 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Uhhh...

OK Dave. I'm sure that made sense in your head, but nah, it was dumb as hell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2018 at 10:29 AM, CreativeControl said:

Just watching some of the Big Cass thing from last night, why is WWE insistent on presenting their main heels as these cheap-suit-wearing blokes who deliver deliberate and monotonous promos? They even tried to do with with Kevin Owens, and it sucked. Have we got Chris Jericho to blame (who rocked doing it as it was very nuanced and unique at the time) from his epic run and feud against HBK?

AND THEN, as if by magic, Baron Corbin went the same route! I mean, it was already pretty lame that the Lone Wolf biker was never seen on a motorbike but this as its replacement?

8 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Uhhh...

OK Dave. I'm sure that made sense in your head, but nah, it was dumb as hell. 

Seriously.  Someone asked the question in the podcast mailbag once, too, and Dave's response was essentially, "Japan has its own promotions dedicated entirely to women!"  My first thought was, "yeah, separate but equal is a great concept that has always worked so well throughout history" 

• Like 2

Dave missed the obvious "Do you hate women so much you wish junior heavyweight level booking on them?" joke, but I don't think it's implausible to speculate New Japan or its parent company might set up a DDT/Tokyo Joshi situation.

Again, we're trying to apply logic and sense to someone who may very well be a robot. Hey, I've been down this same path when he defended Big Mike of all people so I realize that it's easy to say, "Dave, why are you so fucking weird and dumb." I don't want to give him a pass, but his thought process is clearly different than most others.

• Like 2

While nobody's perfect I truly believe Mustafa Ali is a really, really great man.  His words and actions like this are so damn commendable and it's wonderful that he has a platform where he can have this kind of effect on people.  I'd be super thrilled to meet him one day.

• Like 1

So, wwe.com pretty much ended whatever conversation we could have had about whether this was a thing.

Brock Lesnar earns longest World Championship reign of the modern era

Brock Lesnar’s long list of WWE accomplishments has now grown by one: The Beast Incarnate has officially notched the longest World Championship reign of the modern era.

Lesnar’s ongoing run as Universal Champion surpassed the previous marker, CM Punk’s 434-day stint as WWE Champion that stretched between 2011 and 2013.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯