DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

8 hours ago, (BP) said:

I kind of feel bad for Punk because his punches looked like those ones you have in nightmares when you have to defend yourself and you can't hurt your attacker at all. 

I've had that dream so many times, and it's been so long since I boxed or was in a fight, that I actually doubt whether I can throw a punch any more.

I don't particularly like Punk, as much as I enjoyed his work, but I can kinda understand where he's coming from by distancing himself from everyone in WWE. As paranoid as it sounds, you're one comment away from someone then stooging you to the office and Graves kind of proved the point by tagging Vince and Triple H in his twitter whinge.

As far as the 'fight' I do hope Punk, having had a serious beating, gets over his delusions now and stops trying to be PETE 2K18. There's something weird about a guy getting upset in court watching himself be concussed only to then walk into the octagon three days later and get his face rearranged.

• Like 2

I mean, Punk has advertised himself in the past as a sociopathic jerk, so... I don't know. Maybe this is a case of Punk being Graves' best friend, but that relationship doesn't go both ways. It's entirely possible the friendship meant more to Graves than it did Punk, since he easily dumped their friendship to the wayside and left it behind. I'm sure that's hard to reconcile with, but it's been four years. I've gotten over deaths in quicker amounts of time than it's taken Graves to come to the realization that maybe he just wasn't that important to CM Punk.

7 hours ago, Victator said:

There was nothing really destructive or immature about it though. Well actually it might be destructive if he gets blow back at work. 

Agree to disagree. Laying out your personal beefs on Twitter for everyone to read about and comment on is a ninth-grader choice as is publicly celebrating someone's failure because they don't return your calls anymore.

This is not me saying it as a paragon of virtue. Actually, it should have more weight that I'm saying it because even I know how to handle myself in this instance. 

If this dude wanted to vent about his lost friendship that clearly didn't mean as much to the other guy as it did to him, he should have done what all mature adults do: write about it to Dear Prudence and get some bad advice.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Casey said:

I've gotten over deaths in quicker amounts of time than it's taken Graves to come to the realization that maybe he just wasn't that important to CM Punk.

If that's the case, it's a dick move on Punk's part to not decline the opportunity to hold the man's child at the birth, then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm so weirded out by WWE.com having an article up about the New Day vs The Elite Street Fighter thing.

On a long list of weird shit that's gone down the past couple years this might be near the top of the list for me.  Still can't wrap my head around the fact that this was allowed, but I like it.  https://www.wwe.com/article/new-day-kenny-omega-young-bucks-e3-2018

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

I like that the article recognizes the YBs as the IWGP Heavy Tag Champs but doesn't make mention of Omega having a title.

I think there was a new article that mentioned Omega being champion. I could’ve sworn I read it this morning. 

*Okay so, it was the same one, but they edited it out. It was there earlier though. 

On 6/10/2018 at 11:53 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Twitter is one of the worst creations of the 21st century.

Word.  Grown men, ostensibly adults, passive-aggressively subtweeting about their fucking hurt feelings and talking about what is and is not "punk rock" is an embarrassment. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I’d like Triple H to send one of these to Punk ‘for taking part’. Everyone loves a participation trophy 

The most demeaning part of this would be that Punk had to carry around Cena's spinner design for over a year, and as soon as he put Dwayne over they debuted that version. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Word.  Grown men, ostensibly adults, passive-aggressively subtweeting about their fucking hurt feelings and talking about what is and is not "punk rock" is an embarrassment. 

It's also exactly what "Punk-rock" fans have been arguing about since 1973.

• Like 2

Our current presidency is kind of like the anonymous Raw GM, sending Michael Cole messages to relay. We have an anonymous president, and for some reason, he sends messages to the orange goblin that isn't Hulk Hogan to relay.

...and just because Seinfeld makes everything better

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Our current presidency is kind of like the anonymous Raw GM, sending Michael Cole messages to relay. We have an anonymous president, and for some reason, he sends messages to the orange goblin that isn't Hulk Hogan to relay.

...and just because Seinfeld makes everything better

This is still Michael Richards' best bit of standup.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Our President is a 9th grader.  

Nah, dude speaks and writes at a second-grade level on his best day.

Also, that dude is not my president. 

Also also, I'm going to stop typing before I get banned from this board. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I think there was a new article that mentioned Omega being champion. I could’ve sworn I read it this morning. 

*Okay so, it was the same one, but they edited it out. It was there earlier though. 

It definitely was not there last night when I posted about it, because I every double checked after I got to the part acknowledging the Bucks title.