DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

44 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Literally, it doesn't matter what Corey Graves says or does, to me, he's a CM Punk wannabe.  At least Punk walked and went for it (even though he got his ass kicked.)  Corey Graves gets to sit there on commentary where he used to be the best heel guy since Ventura and then he get called up and he barely gets to be  1/10th of what he could be while he spews the corporate bullshit and then mocks someone who tried to make it on his own?  Fuck off Graves.  You're the epitome of a fucking sellout.  

Graves is on commentary because of repetitive concussion issues. Do you expect him to keep wrestling with that? He got a chance to do something else related to wrestling while making money for his family. Maybe airing his grievances on Twitter wasn't ideal, but there's clearly some personal wounds between the two men. And Punk isn't known for his charm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2018 at 3:47 PM, Victator said:

I think some of the wrestlers are SAG. If they get considered a "TV show" a lot of guys would be at risk of losing their SAG status. 

The opposite. If they got considered a "TV show", they'd actually become SAG members.

• Like 2

Some backstory on the Graves/CM Punk thing.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/exclusive-corey-graves-explains-his-cm-punk-related-tweets-fightful

"It kinda shocked me when I texted him about grabbing dinner because we were in Chicago and he told me he no longer had any interest in being friends with me or anybody related to WWE."

• Thanks 1

Anyone else find the vibe of those tweets kinda creepy?  Green Meanie's 'grieving ex" comment is in the money.  i guess Punk didn't return Corey's letterman jacket when they broke up?

If I was Punk, I'd be thinking about getting a restraining order after reading the "I still love you.  Call me tomorrow"  tweet.

32 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Damn. I wonder if Punk is still friends with Kofi then.

Hornswoggle said that he once asked Punk for a mutual friends phone number, Punk took that as Swoggle "using" Punk and stopped being friends with him.

Let me see if I can find that video again

50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hornswoggle said that he once asked Punk for a mutual friends phone number, Punk took that as Swoggle "using" Punk and stopped being friends with him.

Let me see if I can find that video again

This is exactly why he stopped talking to Cabana for a while.  Dude should've never been in an MMA match at all, he's showing all the signs of CTE.

12 hours ago, Ace said:

The opposite. If they got considered a "TV show", they'd actually become SAG members.

SAG and AFTRA merged a couple years back.  Some local news anchors (and behind the scenes people, to boot!) in larger markets now have amazing healthcare/pensions because of it.  It continues to bother me that they've never gone after WWE talent/crew, or that they don't chide members for working the non-union WWE shows as guest stars.

2 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Anyone else find the vibe of those tweets kinda creepy?  Green Meanie's 'grieving ex" comment is in the money.  i guess Punk didn't return Corey's letterman jacket when they broke up?

If I was Punk, I'd be thinking about getting a restraining order after reading the "I still love you.  Call me tomorrow"  tweet.

Not really  He probably should not have done it publically and deal with Punk's army of sycophants. But if you treat enough people poorly, eventually you are going to be called on it. 

• Like 7

I don't get why Punk is such a miserable prick. You've got a hot wife, lots of money, your favorite team is actually good right now (he's a Cubs fan, right?), you're not stuck working some 9-5 shit job and you're still young and in pretty decent health. He should be one of the happiest dudes on the planet. 

• Like 3

So he decided to detach himself from everyone working for a company bankrolling a lawsuit against him? 

Or maybe Corey asked him for Colt’s number?

I hate punk’s diehard fans and never really cared for anything he did aside from his actual wrestling which I enjoyed but the guy has a lot of issues even if those issues may or may not be bullshit that in of itself is an issue so either way he’s a head case.

Graves might sound like a “jilted ex lover” but Punk is fucking asshole if he did in fact respond to Cory’s invitation to grab dinner and catch up with “I don’t wanna be friends anymore”.

Its hard to be a Punk fan sometimes. I think he’s one of the better wrestlers of the past 20 years but he is the biggest jerk known to man.

• Like 2