DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

When catching a wrestler results in injury:

....and then two guys kinda half-catch Dolph and accidentally shovel-pass him face-first into the announce table.  That looked painful.

• Like 2

Brock's currently at 15 title defenses (counting House shows), I think.  I'll have to look at cagematch later to see how many TV losses Punk had in his reign.

2 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Punk's modern era record reign was lamer duck than even JBL's bullshit year-long reign. Plus Punk probably lost more televised non-title matches cleanly to Cena during his reign than Brock has had title defenses.

According to Cagematch, and if you got more results back it up, Punk lost cleanly to Cena ONE time as champion.  

To me, that's what made the Punk-Cena rivalry so great.  Punk was the one guy Cena never really beat.  Until that piledriver match.

• Like 1

Never mind that shit. I'm sure I've already been beaten to the punch by this point in the thread but Hogan had a few more colorful lies on the Dan LeBetard Show today to add to his catalog. Hogan was supposed to play the Kurrgan in Highlander and......fuck Frederick Krueger and all his Nightmare on Elm Street bullshit.....Suburban Commando was the first film released by New Line Cinema, meaning Hogan was the movie star that was supposed to launch that film studio.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Is there any actual reporting that's confirmed this whole "get rid of Punk's record" deal, or is it just speculation?

Well it's basically been confirmed that Lesnar won't defend his title until Summerslam (which would take him past Punks record) and that he's working on a pay per appearance deal (So it seems like Lesnars reign past WM wasn't a long term plan) so maybe that's not the reason but it sure seems like it's on someone's mind. 

I'm not sure it's about the record.. or at least I don't think that's the reason Brock went over at WrestleMania.   This really sucks though  I mean who could possibly care about a Roman coronation at this point,   try something different.  

I'm not saying Roman can't be a big part of WWE but this is what the 4th or 5th time.  I want to see Braun get a chance or...  don't hate me for saying this,   Seth.  

I think they waited too long on Braun. He's still over, but not rabidly so like he was as recently as EC in February. 

As much as Rollins is fucking terrible, and as bad as his first title reign was, he's the guy the crowd wants. I mean, I'd quite possibly give up on RAW completely, but I can see why it's the logical best move. 

If they can just do it without letting him ever cut another promo I'd be eternally grateful.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, (BP) said:

For someone that's had an uneventful career otherwise, Michael Tarver standing at ringside with the face mask on is one of the most indelible images in wrestling from the last decade for me. 

This. This so, so much.

I can easily remember my thoughts that night....

"What's Wade Barrett doing there? What's that armband he's wearing? HOLY CRAP SCARY MICHAEL TARVER"

Symbolism is such a big, big deal to me. I don't know if it's due to my background in graphic design or what, but I just remember being so damn fascinated with that armband that night. Seems kind of silly to be focused on such a small thing, but that's what I remembered most about that night.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm not sure it's about the record.. or at least I don't think that's the reason Brock went over at WrestleMania.   This really sucks though  I mean who could possibly care about a Roman coronation at this point,   try something different.  

I'm not saying Roman can't be a big part of WWE but this is what the 4th or 5th time.  I want to see Braun get a chance or...  don't hate me for saying this,   Seth.  

Roman can be the new Randy Orton.

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think they waited too long on Braun. He's still over, but not rabidly so like he was as recently as EC in February. 

As much as Rollins is fucking terrible, and as bad as his first title reign was, he's the guy the crowd wants. I mean, I'd quite possibly give up on RAW completely, but I can see why it's the logical best move. 

If they can just do it without letting him ever cut another promo I'd be eternally grateful.

Get Seth Rollins to borrow Kane's voice distorter ; ).

If Brock isn’t defending the title until SummerSlam then the logical next step would be for Dean Ambrose to come back, make a whole heap of noise about the “30 day rule” and try to get the title vacated.

Its both practical & funny.

In all seriousness though, fuck this title reign. Brock should be in the Andre role here. Ya dont put the strap on Andre pal!

He just needs to turn up to try and MDK someone for a huge payout then head back to the farm while Heyman finds his next victim.

• Like 2

Literally, it doesn't matter what Corey Graves says or does, to me, he's a CM Punk wannabe.  At least Punk walked and went for it (even though he got his ass kicked.)  Corey Graves gets to sit there on commentary where he used to be the best heel guy since Ventura and then he get called up and he barely gets to be  1/10th of what he could be while he spews the corporate bullshit and then mocks someone who tried to make it on his own?  Fuck off Graves.  You're the epitome of a fucking sellout.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Enlighten me. What exactly could’ve Graves done had he “walked and went for it”?

To go and do what? 

He’s doing quite well for himself. Wife, kids, a well-paying steady job. What’s wrong with that?

Fucks sake. Loosen up, Sydney. 

To semi-quote Sonny from “A Bronx Tale”...

CM Punk don't care about you. Why should you care about him?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Literally, it doesn't matter what Corey Graves says or does, to me, he's a CM Punk wannabe.  At least Punk walked and went for it (even though he got his ass kicked.)  Corey Graves gets to sit there on commentary where he used to be the best heel guy since Ventura and then he get called up and he barely gets to be  1/10th of what he could be while he spews the corporate bullshit and then mocks someone who tried to make it on his own?  Fuck off Graves.  You're the epitome of a fucking sellout.  

If my buddy stopped returning my calls because he wanted to be taken seriously as a UFC fighter I'd be much harder on him than this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1