DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

At bowling practice tonight (made it to nationals, so now I have to practice) we found out that one of our teammates is a Chris Benoit truther. Like full on "Kevin Sullivan killed them all" believer.

I thought he was an idiot before, and now I have proof. I gotta share a hotel room with this moron for five days. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

I'm pretty sure a risk management book as read by Vincent K. McMahon would just be him shouting "God damn it, stop being such a pussy!!" over and over again

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Even then, you can still make a case for why the X-Title having "Option C" worked:

The X-Division title may be "Not about weight limits, it's about no limits", but yeah- it was a cruiserweight title, maybe with "well, if a heavyweight worked the super indies we'll put them in the X-Division." 

For all intents and purposes in wrestling, the heavyweight title is the World Title and the Cruiserweight Title is just a B or C-title...and it's not like the women's division, where you can eventually say the women's title is equal to the men's title and it's just different divisions since there are people who'd qualify as cruiserweights fighting for the World Title. 

When that's in place, having a check and balance that says "yeah, the Cruiserweight Champion SHOULD have the opportunity to challenge for the World Title if they want to" is perfectly viable.  

Even if it devalues the midcard titles, having a plot point "Yeah, the midcard champion is technically number one contender to the World Title" from the old United States Title, and going further and saying "...and since they're the number one contender to the World Title, the midcard champion has the right to challenge the World Champion once during their title reign and the World Champion MUST accept their challenge or be stripped of the title" would be perfectly valid.  

If I was running things, I'd have a stip that said if the secondary belt holder managed to hold it x days and make x credible defenses, they automatically get a title shot within x time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dewar said:

At bowling practice tonight (made it to nationals, so now I have to practice) we found out that one of our teammates is a Chris Benoit truther. Like full on "Kevin Sullivan killed them all" believer.

I thought he was an idiot before, and now I have proof. I gotta share a hotel room with this moron for five days. :lol:

Every time he starts trying to talk about it just say "Shut the fuck up Donny!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, sabremike said:

Punk bagged the tiger yesterday and has it stuffed and mounted in his living room.

I may not like her, but that is no way to talk about AJ Lee. 

Edit: I was informed this might come across wrong. I was doing a self depreciating joke that I am too stupid to recognize a metaphor. 

Always interesting to see who the WWE trots out for these things

I believe the person in jeans is Shawn Michaels (since he was advertised as being on the panel)

So the only champ they brought with them was Nia and they didn't bring out Sin Cara as their token LOOK A LATINO! as the usually do

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I believe the person in jeans is Shawn Michaels (since he was advertised as being on the panel)

So the only champ they brought with them was Nia and they didn't bring out Sin Cara as their token LOOK A LATINO! as the usually do

There were three panels, each moderated by Stephanie.

Panel #1: HHH, Shawn Michaels, Charlotte Flair, Roman Reigns.

Panel #2: Braun, Alexa, Jimmy Uso, Naomi.

Panel #3: Bella Twins, Sasha, Nia, Ronda.

9 hours ago, Dewar said:

Did you ask him about Sullivan having an alibi of being in a separate state? I'm always amazed they never have an answer for that. 

My friend/MMM Show cohost Justin went to the WWE event pictured here.  He posted a lot of photos on the show's instagram.  I don't have Instagram and don't know how to link this to you so if you want to see it look for Masks Mats and Mayhem on there.  All I know is he shook hands with Charlotte and she didn't crush every bone in his hand with her giant mitts so she must use the worker handshake.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Victator said:

Did you ask him about Sullivan having an alibi of being in a separate state? I'm always amazed they never have an answer for that. 

The debbil can teleport, didn't you learn anything in Sunday school?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Wouldn't Sasha count as the token Latino? 

(I *tried* to get rid of everything but the last line in the quote, but it wouldn't let me, so apologies for the giant post followed by one [now two] line{s})

8 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Every time he starts trying to talk about it just say "Shut the fuck up Donny!"

He would not back down. Talking about documentaries that prove that Sullivan killed them all. Just shit that was way out there.

Note to self: Don't talk about dropping elbows on people by jumping off the bowling bench ever again. :)

Seems WWE's pushing some of their specialty programming from the Network (ie: WWE 24: Empowered). They have no shot, but this is probably more about planting this in bug people's heads for the future. 

I'm just thankful they're not pushing Raw or SmackDown for the variety series statue. I don't think highly of much in that category, but most of it is preferable to sitting through five hours of WWE every week. 

In other "news,"

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I saw someone on Twitter suggest that being non-SAG/WGA means they’ve got no shot at an Emmy.

Now hold on just a minute, pal. We want to be treated as though we're legit. But we certainly don't want to conduct ourselves as though we're legit! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3