DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Stephanie McMahon taking part in Undercover Boss: Celebrity Edition:

https://www.wwe.com/article/stephanie-mcmahon-celebrity-undercover-boss

DepmIc2UEAAAZhJ.jpg:large

Disguise. Needs. Work.

It's like Elaine trying to hide from Russell Dalrymple at the "Jerry" pilot after he becomes obsessed with Lainey. I tried to find the clip to no avail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Disguise. Needs. Work.

Steph: How bout that Roman Reigns, pretty cool huh?

Worker: I don't care for him . 

Steph: What?!?! 

Glasses fall off and wig is half off. 

Use that joke or Steph having freak strength and lifting a truck.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Victator said:

Steph: How bout that Roman Reigns, pretty cool huh?

Worker: I don't care for him . 

Steph: What?!?! 

Glasses fall off and wig is half off. 

Use that joke or Steph having freak strength and lifting a truck.

Steph as Jean Valjean doesn't play.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Disguise. Needs. Work.

I think it's less "the disguise needs work" and more... "This is CELEBRITY Undercover Boss. The whole point of this concept is that the boss going undercover is a celebrity. Even if Stephanie McMahon isn't exactly a huge multimedia star, she's still been on TV for about 20 years and has been a public face of the WWE for a long period, so it'd be very hardpressed to see anyone working for WWE who wouldn't know who she is."

It's just surprising that these celebrity editions don't go to an episode of Queen for a Day where everyone in the company just goes up to the "new employee" with a tale of woe because they know damn well who it is, that it's Undercover Boss, and they'd get to cash in for it.

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Marie, 37. Professional perm-to-temp call center sales at a regional office furniture supply company. Currently single after her first two marriages crumbled when both husbands discovered findom websites. Her two youngest children are referred to as "her world" in all of her social media bios, but they're currently living with her parents while she, "figures some stuff out." She only occasionally hears from her oldest son, who she had in high school when her then-boyfriend told her she couldn't get pregnant in a pool.  She's also planning on opening a yoga studio when she has the seed money and learns yoga. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

49 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

It's just surprising that these celebrity editions don't go to an episode of Queen for a Day where everyone in the company just goes up to the "new employee" with a tale of woe because they know damn well who it is, that it's Undercover Boss, and they'd get to cash in for it.

Isn't that pretty much what it is anyway?  I don't watch the show, I don't know, but how do you not think something is up when some new employee brings their own camera crew to follow them around all day?  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

Disguise. Needs. Work.

"Hey who's the new employee with the butt-chin and gigantic breasts that's being followed around by cameras everywhere?"

Nope.... nobody will see through it at all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Isn't that pretty much what it is anyway?  I don't watch the show, I don't know, but how do you not think something is up when some new employee brings their own camera crew to follow them around all day?  

The show is an abomination. But I've had the same question since season 2 (season 1 the cover story was fine I guess, following someone trying to find a job in the terrible economy. But that only works because nobody had seen the show. Reality TV is faker than wrestling)

I work at a CBS station so I have seen some of Undercover Boss: Celebrity Edition with the sound turned down. It seems the celebrities aren't really going undercover with people they work with, like the one with Idina Menzel had her hanging out with a wedding singer because she was one earlier in her career. So don't expect Stephanie in disguise wandering the halls of Titan Towers or trying out for NXT.

With the news about Fox paying so much money for WWE programming, is there a chance this will trickle down to indies? Maybe a cable channel pays money for ROH or even creates a new promotion. It is relatively cheap programming. How much money would it really cost to run a wrestling promotion just to provide cheap TV? 

1 hour ago, Victator said:

With the news about Fox paying so much money for WWE programming, is there a chance this will trickle down to indies? Maybe a cable channel pays money for ROH or even creates a new promotion. It is relatively cheap programming. How much money would it really cost to run a wrestling promotion just to provide cheap TV? 

This is apropos of nothing but talking about ROH on cable I had to share this: I dont have a Sinclair owned network where I  live so I rarely get around to watching  ROH, but I found out a few weekends ago that I get it on the Red Sox' cable channel and just never knew because it's listed under "MMA Fight Sports" in the guide. It's like some weird time like Sunday at 5 PM

Look at this guy using apropos like Mongo McMichael...

I have the same problem with random lucha being listed as boxing on the guide.  Only shows up in a direct word search for lucha instead of looking for wrestling.

• Like 1

Big Show is supposed to be on the Dungeons & Dragons twitch channel tomorrow as part of the Stream of Many Eyes.  He's scheduled to be part of Jocks Machina with Joe Manganiello, Travis Willingham and someone else tomorrow around 5:15 PST.

• Like 1