DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Just now, RIPPA said:

And Punk has stated - under oath - that the CM stands for "Chick Magnet"

This is the most important fact to come out of the trial.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

"After getting Punk to admit that CM stood for Chick Magnet, the prosecutor then said 'And Since I've got you up here and if you'll indulge me for a moment,  just how big is Batista's dick?' The class of 8th graders were then ushered from the room, except for their teacher who stuck around to confirm his suspicions."

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Roughly a dozen of the were heels at the time of their wins and that isn't including Punk since I know one time he was a face but I didn't remember the other time

It is a little wonky though since Ziggler was clearly a heel when he won but he was the face when he cashed in (since it was against Alberto)

Punk was a face on both cash ins, but the second time he payed the dollars (h/t @jaedmc's son) it was the start of his heel turn on Jeff Hardy.

Alberto was actually a face when Ziggler cashed in, they did the double turn a month or so later when Alberto won the belt back. Strong candidate for best match either guy ever had.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And Punk has stated - under oath - that the CM stands for "Chick Magnet"

Somehow this is just one more piece of evidence to throw on the pile that 2018 is bullshit. 

7 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Lawyers aruing about whether or not the jury should be allowed to see Kane choke slamming Punk through a table is the most surreal sounding shit I've ever heard.

Punctuated by the Judge saying

"Who is Kane?"

It should be remembered that CM Punk was gone after Kane "chokeslamed him straight to hell". So technically in WWE canon, CM Punk is dead. Kane killed a dude, Taker offed Hassan but no one ever brings it up because it is understood that Kane has already killed a bunch of dudes anyway so one more isn't of any note.

8 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Lawyers aruing about whether or not the jury should be allowed to see Kane choke slamming Punk through a table is the most surreal sounding shit I've ever heard.

Punctuated by the Judge saying

"Who is Kane?"

If only the trial had been postponed so the answer could be, “The Mayor of Knox County”. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

I want Nakamura to win the WWE title and for one of the SDL crew to get the MITB.

Then they go to cash in and he just low blows them for the DQ to retain.

My fantasy booking has Joe winning the MITB case. Then, AJ retains over Nakamura. After the match, AJ gets another low blow from Nak. Joe's music hits and he runs in to cash in on a beaten down AJ. Joe chokes out AJ to win the title. Now we're set up for AJ challenging Joe for the title. Plus, Nakamura who feels he deserves a shot for making AJ easy pickings for Joe to cash in. I'd run with a Joe/AJ/Nakamura feud through the summer into the fall. Add Bryan to the mix once he finishes off B*g C*ss. Maybe do Joe vs. AJ vs. Nak vs. Bryan for the title at Survivor Series.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

2006 called... :P

AJ vs. Joe vs. Danielson would have ruled in 2006 and could still in 2018 in a match without interference and a clean finish. Add Swagsuke to the mix. It would absolutely rule.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I’m pretty sure I have a DVD where that exact triple threat match ruled in 2003 or thereabouts. 

I really need to organize my physical media. 

IWA-MS 2004 Ted Petty Invitational

That was a fucking STACKED tournament.

AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, Mike Quackenbush, Chris Hero, Austin Aries, Alex Shelley, Matt Sydal, Roderick Strong, Claudio Castagnoli, Nigel McGuinness, Jimmy Rave, Chris Sabin, Super Dragon, Hallowicked, Nate Webb, Arik Cannon, BJ Whitmer, Petey Williams, Danny Daniels, Sal Rinauro, Rainman, Todd Sexton

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1