DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] May 30, 2018 TV Show

MonteCarl

3 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Watching Dream go from the guy who should've won Tough Enough to a true star has been great and it's all the better because he's earned it. I still think the gimmick has a ceiling as is (IC title tops) but the guy has talent to spare and there's no reason he couldn't tweak things and go all the way.

Unless HHH has a major say in it by the time Dream gets called up, I don't see a Prince gimmick doing well on the main roster. I see it going a lot like Tyler Breeze.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Unless HHH has a major say in it by the time Dream gets called up, I don't see a Prince gimmick doing well on the main roster. I see it going a lot like Tyler Breeze.

That’s who I think his best comparison is right now.

• Like 1

The Authors of Pain could have used vignettes to build them up while creative tried to figure out how to replace Paul Ellering or HHH tried to convince Ellering to stay with the AoP on the main roster.

• 2 weeks later...

Been behind on NXT, but the Ricochet flip was so awesome I had to revive the thread. He was in danger of losing the crowd up to that point too. They should probably start looking at ways to turn Dream face anyway, though. He's winning the crowds over big time. I wouldn't be opposed to Dream and Ricochet forming a respect team after their blowoff match. Win the tag titles at Brooklyn, build towards a huge showdown with the War Raiders in Houston.

On 6/3/2018 at 8:02 PM, mattdangerously said:

It's impossible to tell anymore.  Did anyone think Authors of Pain would debut and then inexplicably vanish like the First Lady?  Or that friggin' Elias would get a big push?

I think there were a few people that did call Elias being a lot better on the main roster. I wasn't one of them, but I have to admit they were right. AOP should've been Dolph's muscle while Drew did his own thing.

That brief spurt of offense of Dijak was just awesome and really gave you some hope of his future.  But man that missed moonsault was really close to be a major injury.  Maybe he meant to turn his head like he did at the very last moment on the landing and thank god.  Have a feeling that Triple H isn't going to be too fond of a 6 foot 8 flippy guy