DVDVR Message Board

The 2018 NBA Finals: Cleveland vs Golden State

Dolfan in NYC

Apparently JR Smith doubled down on the stupidity in the press conference/interview in locker room by saying that he knew it was a tie game when he did what he did.  Even though it is obvious that you can see Smith say to lebron that he thought the Cavs were leading in the game

I guess it isn't really a lie if you believe it as George would say.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Customarily, it is proper to send flowers or at least a Thank You card for receiving a really nice gift.

They should get the thank-you note written in Mandarin, too, since that's where Swish will have to return to play another year of ball.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The crazy thing about the block/charge call is that they had to claim they didn't know if he was in the restricted area or not in order to review it. He was like two feet outside it!

You can't go to replay to decide block/charge, but if you can for restricted zone*. However, if you are reviewing for restricted zone you suddenly are allowed to also look at whether or not they had position. It makes no sense.

*As a sidenote, the restricted zone is my least favorite NBA rule change ever. The rules shouldn't suddenly change in favor of the offense just because you get a bit closer to the basket goddamnit!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

*As a sidenote, the restricted zone is my least favorite NBA rule change ever. The rules shouldn't suddenly change in favor of the offense just because you get a bit closer to the basket goddamnit!

The absolute dumbest was the year the NCAA decided they wanted a restricted zone but didn't actually paint the circle on the courts.

I can tell the internet has melted my brain because I am cackling like an idiot at this:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Who is no. 81 for the Cavs? Raghib Ismail?

Jose Calderon.  He's actually a pretty well-known player.  Been around over a decade.  And according to an online fuck-up, he's worth over $2 billion dollars.

This was a clearly a shit game since that's the only comment about it.

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

Jose Calderon.  He's actually a pretty well-known player.  Been around over a decade.  And according to an online fuck-up, he's worth over $2 billion dollars.

This was a clearly a shit game since that's the only comment about it.

Cleveland didn't get blown out in the 3rd quarter and actually looked good. But once the Cavs started missing wide open threes and Steph was making circus shots, it was just a matter of time.

• Like 1

Point on the LBJ/Jordan comparison:

Golden State has four HOF guys on the team. (Yes, Dray will get there.) Steph/KD/Klay are very likely the three best shooters of all-time. Not just together on one team. But of all time. 

This team would run Jordan's Bulls off the friggin' court. 

• Like 1

But they blew a 3-1 series lead tho. Forever tainted.

Scary thing is, this team is not playing nearly at its best. ABC had some of the isolation statistics and there is far less ball movement this year compared to last. They're playing an uglier version of Warriors ball and are still this good. I usually resist getting behind dynasties ever since I was a kid but this is some truly special shit we're witnessing. I'm appreciating it. It's a beautiful system at both ends of the court playing to the strengths of three of the best offensive players of all time and just about the best Swiss army knife in Draymond you could possibly come up with to supplement them.

• Like 1

Poor. JR Smith.  If G-Hill had made that free throw, we wouldn't even be talking about what came next. 

Seems unfair that he alone is being blamed for the Game 1 debacle.

I thought it was hilarious when they cut to the court during the pre-game show and there was G-Hill practicing free throws.

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

A team with hobbled Chris Paul and Harden shooting terribly the entire series took Golden State to 7 but the Bulls would get run off?  I don't buy that at all.  Plus,  are we playing with these rules or the old rules. 

If they play old rules, Steph Curry is going to be hurt by game three due to the pounding he would get. . . .

• Like 1

It's not even the offense for the Bulls it's the defense.  Rodman on KD.   Pippen on Klay.  Jordan/Harper on Steph.    And if they played in this era the players would have developed their 3 point shot further.  So now all of a sudden you can run a lineup out there of Rodman/Jordan/Pippen/Kukoc/Kerr and space the floor with maybe the best pure rebounding forward of the last 35 years.  They'll just not defend Rodman and try to throw doubles at MJ but you are leaving the lane wide open and Jordan and Pippen are both all time great finishers at the rim and just stick Kerr and Kukoc in the corners.  They miss and nobody has a body on Rodman.  

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

A team with hobbled Chris Paul and Harden shooting terribly the entire series took Golden State to 7 but the Bulls would get run off?  I don't buy that at all.  Plus,  are we playing with these rules or the old rules. 

Hobbled Chris Paul? He was injured late in the second half of game 5 and the Warriors won games 6 & 7 comfortably. The '98 Bulls were taken to 7 games by Reggie Miller, Rick Smits, and a washed up Chris Mullin(s). They won game 7 by 5 points. I can do that too. 

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Hobbled Chris Paul? He was injured late in the second half of game 5 and the Warriors won games 6 & 7 comfortably. The '98 Bulls were taken to 7 games by Reggie Miller, Rick Smits, and a washed up Chris Mullin(s). They won game 7 by 5 points. I can do that too. 

CP3 was "injured"  much like Curry was "injured"  but playing through it before the game 5 injury occurred and the Rockets were up 3-2 after CP3 was unstoppable in the second half of said game. If CP3 plays 6 & 7 who knows what would have happened.   Pacers were a very well balanced team in the 90s,  they played well against Shaq and Kobe in 2000 also.  

I fell like on, paper, the Warriors should take Jordan's Bulls.  i also feel like MJ would never, ever allow that to happen.  He'd find some way to drag his team across the finish line.  If JR Smith had been a Bull, "someone" might have put him in a rocket and fired him at the sun by now.

In my entire life, I've never believed a team could be too good for the league.  Up until about a week ago, that is.  I don't have a whole lot of watching the NBA for the next few years to see if the Warriors eventually get too old or too fat and happy to let someone beat them.  If I'm LeBron, I'm thinking I have to leave Cleveland again or I could conceivably never win another final and set some sort of record for most losing final appearances.

• Like 1