DVDVR Message Board

The 2018 NBA Finals: Cleveland vs Golden State

Dolfan in NYC

Here's the first post from the first thread of this season:

On 10/16/2017 at 1:14 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

First real games are this week. No better way to start the season, than this quote from Charles Barkley:

"I have to get on TV and fake it for seven months that it’s not going to be the Warriors and Cavs in the finals again."

Yup.  Games start on Thursday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I can't see it getting interesting.  Maybe Warriors fuck around for a game or two especially out in Cleveland but I don't see it going more than 5.  The most interesting thing is what will LeBron do after the inevitable.  This time is a little different than when he went to Miami.  He has no chance at another title unless he picks up and leaves again.  

5 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Not watching

I am happy to see Lawful Metal's post.  That means we don't have to send the police to his house for a wellness check.

I am going to pull for a Cavs win so that the series can be 2-2 causing both Twitter and the Internet to explode.

I will also avoid all Stephen A Smith commentary for the duration of the Finals so that I do not feel the urge to punch myself in the face after he says something completely infuriating.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am happy to see Lawful Metal's post.  That means we don't have to send the police to his house for a wellness check.

I am going to pull for a Cavs win so that the series can be 2-2 causing both Twitter and the Internet to explode.

In that scenario, do both teams get a bye into next year's finals so they can break the tie?

On one hand, this Warriors team looks more like 2016, coming off a tough WCF and with some injury concerns than they did last year or in 2015.

On the other, outside LeBron, this looks like the worst of the four Cavs teams in this run.

This series would be much more fun if Lebron could add 2 players from every Eastern team he defeated to play with him.

Those stupid Supreme Dreams videos of "Lebron" make me laugh every time.

Cavs might have won if the refs didn't reverse the charge (it was definitely a charge too,  they fucked up) but they still had a chance with George Hill at the line and he choked and then JR thought they had the lead and let time run out LOL.  

LeBron can't be staying in Cleveland. 

Tough tough loss. Might've been the only shot they'll get to steal one.

BTW, LeBron now has 8 40 point games in these playoffs. No other active player has more than 7 in their career.

In terms of worst brain dead decisions made in a basketball game I think Chris Webber and his time out in the NCAA title game is finally off the hook after tonight.

• Like 2

It's funny.  I was at a bar and ignored the entire game.  Just hanging out with my friends, and I see free throws, whatever, and suddenly LeBron is losing his shit, and my casual watching basketball self had no clue what the fuck was going on. And my eyes are glued.  And we go to COMMERCIAL.  And we're in OT.  And the Warriors murder them.

NBA has got this down.  Oh, you don't give a shit about Cavs-Warriors?  We'll make you care.   And they did.

• Like 1

They should start selling the Lebron Sixers jerseys right now. JR.  Ughh...

I still can't get over the fact that we are getting Clarkson, Nance and Hill instead of Wade, IT, D Rose and Crowder. All three of Crowder, Rose and Wade played well for stretches this postseason.  Lebron could really use em.

Jordan Clarkson is the worst player on the floor by a wide margin. What an indictment of Rodney Hood that the Cavs let Clarkson take 9 shots in 17 minutes.   Clarkson shoots every damn time he touches the ball lmao

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

In terms of worst brain dead decisions made in a basketball game I think Chris Webber and his time out in the NCAA title game is finally off the hook after tonight.

How soon we forget Fred Brown: