DVDVR Message Board

Raw is BOSS In The Bank - 5/28/2018

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

Plus Alexa Bliss could pull out the Miesha Tate I tribute act in the Armbar with Bliss' dexterity.

It's a shame Miesha is having a kid right now. Her doing a run in to attack Ronda would be so great.

As for the WWE, it's run by a guy with Vince's attention span. It's no wonder they expect we can't remember a month or so ago. 

• Like 1

I also enjoyed the gauntlet and thought it was a star making turn for Ruby. Very happy that creative seems to be high on her. 

I guess Alexa was indeed right. But since Nia was bullying a Mean Girl anyway, it all comes out as a wash lol 

• Like 1

Really felt the gauntlet had some issues even besides it being so similar structurally to the one they did last year, though I was glad that Ruby impressed again.  (She's been on a roll since her title match at Fastlane.) I thought they needed another ten minutes or so to make it feel less rushed, and feel the crowd would have been more into it if they had Mickie and Bayley swap places. Gives Mickie a couple of quick wins to fire up the hometown crowd, and at least raises the possibility of Bayley/Sasha to make Ruby's win mean more. 

As for the show in general, Raw's really been frustrating me since the Shakeup. For a while they'd been running shows that were quite well-paced for being three hours, and usually had at least something compelling, but of late they've been filler city. I know they didn't get the best choices in the Shakeup,  but its been disappointing to see how lazy the writing has been. Sure Seth's been consistently strong, but its not enough to carry whole episodes.

8 hours ago, Casey said:

Liv should at least switch to cherry jolly rancher suckers since she's on the RAW brand now.

Cherry Jolly Ranchers are the best one. This convenience store near where I grew up used to carry packs of just the cherry ones. It was great.

17 hours ago, Victator said:

I still think Heenan should have started praising Hogan after getting bribed by the nWo. That would be the ultimate weasel move. 

Upon thinking, Alexa could start following Nia like that tiny dog followed the big one in those old Looney Tunes. 

Didn't he do the pro-nWo bit for a week only to have Bischoff tell him not to?

Playing catch up but when's the last time a babyface has been booked as strongly as Rollins on Monday? Demolishing a heel/goon with a chair because he was annoyed with interference is Austin-type stuff that they haven't let babyfaces do in years.

Re: Nia the bully

So basically Alexa is the Big Cass to Nia's Enzo. She was right all along! Why didn't we listen?

Re: Nia & the armbar

Can Nia just pay Greg Valentine to put herself in an armbar for two hours so it goes numb, like Chad2Badd did to Tex back in 1986?

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Didn't he do the pro-nWo bit for a week only to have Bischoff tell him not to?

No I heard it as he should not support any heels and that did a number on his commentary. You could tell he was not sure if he should support heel Eddy and Jericho. The only time he outright supported the nWo was on the disastrous nWo Nitro.  But that was treated as self preservation.