DVDVR Message Board

Fuck the Existence of B*g C*ss - SDL - 5/29/2018

The Natural

8 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

I don’t hate Cass. To me, he is a less impressive Baron Corbin. I think he is capable and I give him a chance just like everyone deserves one. My issue is the booking. I didn’t wait two years for Bryan to be matched up with Big Cass. This feud is three fucking months of wasting time that could be spent on making more compelling matches. This bothers me about Smackdown as a whole because there is no fucking reason it has been this monotonous shot show for s year. They always had the better workers and more talent than Raw but they waste it on shit like Jinder and now Cass. Everything feels like an excercise of maybe there will be a match that you are interested in and maybe the agent of the match does not try to overproduce said match. Like fuck, let these stars breathe and go out and tear the house down like we know most can do. 

At least Baron can slide in and out of the ring real quick.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Corbin is... Uh, fine I guess? NXT made him look good with the cool squashes and 12 minute matches with Austin Aries. He's mostly failed to get over to any noticable degree since getting called up, the booking is terrible, he's not protected, and he's big but not BIG and solid enough but not notably good, and... Well, I think midcard heel is probably his ceiling, but Vince allegedly is very high on him.

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd rather watch Baron Carbon than Big Cass. Still, Corbin probably got called up too soon.

Ready or not his hairline could not wait any longer for a call up. 

For years they had no problem slapping a new set of tits on every fitness model turned wrestler that walked through the door but they can’t have Corbin go get some kind of hair treatment.

• Like 3

Really enjoyed Asuka/Mandy as a little five minute match, and Carmella was hilarious on commentary, correcting everyone that MITB is Mella in the Bank.  Not caring much for Paige in this role and I miss Shane O, but I hope they do more with Mandy and especially Sonya after the awful way they ended "Absolution". Both did get very cool entrances. Corbin is awesome and I forever wish they would stick with a push for him for once, but they love to job him out at most every turn.

53 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Ready or not his hairline could not wait any longer for a call up. 

For years they had no problem slapping a new set of tits on every fitness model turned wrestler that walked through the door but they can’t have Corbin go get some kind of hair treatment.

Maybe he needs to fake having cancer.

On 5/30/2018 at 6:42 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

32273381_105855400302267_536676955142383

Somehow, this made me remember the time TNA announced Joe as being 6'8".

I only saw the finishing stretch, but the six men tag looked great. The Big Ending is a shitty finisher, but E is doing a good job with setting it up most of the times. Has Miz always been athletically sound? I remember him to be kind of awkward and sand-baggy, but he looked great in doing "athletic stuff" in the last weeks.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:09 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I still wish, if this was the story they wanted to tell, big guy coming back from injury, mad Bryan got all the attention, etc... Then use fucking Drew MacIntyre! 

Sure, Cass and Dolph is a lousy tag team, but Drew and Bryan could be tearing shit up right now.

The problem with that is who wins in the end? Both Drew and Bryan should win their first feuds. If Drew wins, then the reaction becomes “LOL they’re back to burying Daniel Bryan”, if Bryan wins then reaction is “Why’d the bring up Drew if they were just gonna job him out right away”

The way it is now is Bryan will win over Cass and no one will care that Cass is losing his first feud and eventually Drew is going to replace Sheamus as the guy who kicks Ziggler in the head weekly.

On 5/30/2018 at 8:48 PM, Craig H said:

A less impressive Baron Corbin. Wow. Boy, if you ever wanted the best example of damning with faint praise, well, that's it.

The sad thing is that I really was trying to not insult him. 

Just everyone else, Big Cass can’t pick his booking. I’m sure he didn’t sign up to be Vince’s avatar of his big man insecurity but it’s what he has. I can’t fault him really. 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, The Natural said:

145_SD_05222018jg_0906--124cd52a1967edb6

Daniel Bryan vs. Samoa Joe. First time since 2006 and first in WWE next week. 'Nuff said! 

This match will only be complete when Excalibur and Rivera are invited to do guest commentary.

Bonus points if there is a Super Dragon / Disco Machine run-in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

Has Miz always been athletically sound? I remember him to be kind of awkward and sand-baggy, but he looked great in doing "athletic stuff" in the last weeks.

No, its just been the last few years.

On 5/31/2018 at 5:19 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Corbin is... Uh, fine I guess? NXT made him look good with the cool squashes and 12 minute matches with Austin Aries. He's mostly failed to get over to any noticable degree since getting called up, the booking is terrible, he's not protected, and he's big but not BIG and solid enough but not notably good, and... Well, I think midcard heel is probably his ceiling, but Vince allegedly is very high on him.

Hot Take: Baron Corbin was hurt more than anyone by Talking Smack’s cancellation.

• Like 7