DVDVR Message Board

Fuck the Existence of B*g C*ss - SDL - 5/29/2018

The Natural

Part of the problem with Cass is that he's an enormous human being in a company full of enormous human beings and his size and look just don't make him that imposing compared to someone like Big Show or Braun.  He's apparently a legit 6'8" (per Cass himself, though why he admitted that on a podcast, I dunno) and he is no where near as thick as Braun, Big E, Cena, etc.  Hell, Cass looks a little skinny compare to Elias.

Again, imposing human being if he's standing next to you or me.  Less imposing if you work in the land of the giants and your boss is overselling what a physical specimen you are.  Cass looks like a string bean when he gets compared to Braun or even Sheamus.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Godfrey said:

And Cass needs a tailor stat if he's going to keep wearing suits. His off the rack from a big and tall shop numbers are the pits.

He needs to keep the suits that don't fit. He's a big geek.

I don’t hate Cass. To me, he is a less impressive Baron Corbin. I think he is capable and I give him a chance just like everyone deserves one. My issue is the booking. I didn’t wait two years for Bryan to be matched up with Big Cass. This feud is three fucking months of wasting time that could be spent on making more compelling matches. This bothers me about Smackdown as a whole because there is no fucking reason it has been this monotonous shot show for s year. They always had the better workers and more talent than Raw but they waste it on shit like Jinder and now Cass. Everything feels like an excercise of maybe there will be a match that you are interested in and maybe the agent of the match does not try to overproduce said match. Like fuck, let these stars breathe and go out and tear the house down like we know most can do. 

• Like 2

I still wish, if this was the story they wanted to tell, big guy coming back from injury, mad Bryan got all the attention, etc... Then use fucking Drew MacIntyre! 

Sure, Cass and Dolph is a lousy tag team, but Drew and Bryan could be tearing shit up right now.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Baron Corbin was shaping up so well in NXT and then...I don't know. Too much too soon?

Corbin's fine. But his booking is so start-and-stop, and the stops have tended to be the kind that undercut him being taken seriously. He's an adequate talent. But not good enough to overcome the lack of buy-in from the audience that his booking has earned him. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Corbin's fine. But his booking is so start-and-stop, and the stops have tended to be the kind that undercut him being taken seriously. He's an adequate talent. But not good enough to overcome the lack of buy-in from the audience that his booking has earned him. 

Remember when Corbin eliminated Braun from the Royal Rumble? Logic says that should have been the start of a program between them. Even if he lost a feud with Braun, Corbin could have been a made man as long as he looked good in defeat. Instead, we got nothing. 

• Like 5

For the most part, I've enjoyed Corbin's run so far. I enjoy his finishers, and his character and back story is pretty solid. The latest "he doesn't like fun" motivation isn't too bad. I think he's suffered from Cesaro syndrome however. (Constant start and stop booking.) My favorite bit of his so far was back when he was US Champ and would show everyone his belt whilst walking down the aisle.

Big Cass on the otherhand.....just make it stop.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Two things I believe are true:

1) We would all be less bothered by Big Cass if he wasn't feuding with Daniel Bryan instead of any of the myriad highly talented SmackDown wrestlers.

2) Big Cass is a bad wrestler.

Image result for yes daniel bryan gifs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

1) We would all be less bothered by Big Cass if he wasn't feuding with Daniel Bryan instead of any of the myriad highly talented SmackDown wrestlers.

I was bothered even before this since it was obvious Cass was a replacement for a significantly better Corbin. I wish Corbin had stayed on SDL.