DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: CHICAGO II - 6/16/2018

Dolfan in NYC

20 minutes ago, peterien said:

Why aren’t Adam Cole and the N.A championship on the card?

Sticking to the usual five matches NXT TakeOver format so it's missed out. I wonder if they'll do an NXT Night of Champions NXT TakeOver to get all five championships on at some point.

• Like 1

NXT is getting to that point where they could do a 3 hour Takeover  (or 3 1/2 hour in recent cases) Takeover and it wouldn't be that unrealistic given the titles they have.   But I have a feeling Triple H isn't too fond of these long ass WWE PPV's and don't want to start that trend in NXT

Plus HHH has said he doesn't think everyone should/needs to be on a card. So they are clearly going to start having at least one title not defended on a Takeover

And clearly they didn't want to risk Cole losing before having to defend against WALTER next week :-P

Lars Sullivan coming into the building in a suit with a nice shirt with lots of sweat stains. I am assuming that happens for him when it is 60 much less 85  :lol:

This is my first pre show dealing with this Pat McAfee guy and man.  Is that his voice or doing a fake 1996 Vince McMahon.

Has anyone benefitted from the WWE system more than Gargano and Ciampa?

They went from two good not great indie guys to being in most of the best matches of the year two or three years running including back to back singles classics that are totally different and have me biting my nails for a third.

Just incredible.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 7:27 AM, Go2Sleep said:

Shayna and Nikki should do the Benoit/Raven finish where Nikki just passes out smiling in a submission. Shayna's too good to not keep on top, and there's nowhere for Nikki to go with the belt, but that finish keeps both of them strong.

On 6/14/2018 at 11:58 PM, The Natural said:

I can see  Nikki Cross laughing while getting chocked out by Shayna Bazler. Again I hope Cross wins the NXT Women's Title while she's there.

Bravo to you both!

What a fucking show that was. Might be the show of the year. No way MITB gets near that.

• Like 9

For anyone that thinks the main event was lacking because there was no blood you are basically saying that Eddie Edwards/Sami Calihan feud is better than Gargano/Ciampa because there has been a ton of violence and a ton of blood.    Although it will be interesting to see Gargano and Edwards basically doing the same gimmick at the same time.  

I was there; I have no voice. The main was hard to see at times, but that whole card was as much fun as I’ve had at a live thing in... uh... 

Kinda disappointed Black and Lars ended in a botch, because I really liked it otherwise; the Black Mass sequence was a great idea. 

Couple other things: Adam Cole’s appeal has always been a touch lost on me, but it’s hard to deny how over he is; the women’s finish was great character integration; WWE clearly has no need to sign Kenny Omega, because they’ve got a whole roster of guys coming up who spam v-triggers. (I don’t mind. Good strikes are good.)

• Like 3

Oh, and even though I would’ve enjoyed having Mauro tonight, I quite liked tonight’s commentary team. I am a Mauro fan, but it was nice to have everyone able to get their shit in, without having to pause for Mauro or worry about being cut off. 

Nigel, Percy and Vic did a great job. 

• Like 2

It'll be interesting to see where they go from here. 

I'd be all for a Ciampa/Black program. Johnny moves onto EC3. Then, Johnny finally wins the feud by winning the title from Ciampa.

I love how over the Undisputed Era are in Chicago.

Shayna and Nikki was a perfect match and Nikki passing out was the only acceptable finish. Shayna Baszler is one of my favorite acts in wrestling right now. 

Nice to see Keith Lee in the crowd.

The main roster has a tall task ahead of themselves tomorrow.