DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: CHICAGO II - 6/16/2018

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I love how you already forgot Gargano/Almas

Gah, and the ladder match too.  I think it's time to get back on that Alpha Brain as that was a big misstep.

So to clarify Dream/Ricochet will be easily the MOTN and will be a surefire WWE MOTYC.

• Like 1

I hope it’s a Chicago Street fight where you show up in jeans and cowboy boots and you actually end up on the streets of Chicago and somebody gets thrown off a bridge or something.

I think anything else might be disappointing after their last epic. 

And how about Nikki Cross wins and Shayna breaks her arm, and then Mae Young Classic II is for the women’s title?

Shayna and Nikki should do the Benoit/Raven finish where Nikki just passes out smiling in a submission. Shayna's too good to not keep on top, and there's nowhere for Nikki to go with the belt, but that finish keeps both of them strong.

They probably need to officially turn Dream face with a respect handshake after his match with Ricochet. The crowds are dying to cheer him, and forcing the hardline face/heel roles in this feud has only hurt Ricochet. As cliche as it is, I wouldn't mind seeing them team up after watching their handicap match with Lars.

I like Lars getting a title shot in principle, but I don't like Alesteir being an afterthought champ that hasn't had a main event match yet.

Gargano/Ciampa should've been HIAC or I Quit with a loser leaves town stip added, but I'm sure the match will be good no matter what. Ciampa really needs to leave NXT afterwards, though. Gargano is ready to start his redemption push towards an NXT title win at the Mania show next year, and Ciampa (while good) doesn't seem to have any purpose in NXT other than to antagonize Johnny. Tomasso could use a fresh start on SD.

• Like 1

Honestly the idea of Ciampa going to the main roster sounds terrible to me. Can't see them doing anything worthwhile with him at all there right now, specifically with the feud with Gargano being the only thing to really hang his hat on right now. I'm actually hoping Ciampa wins this match and goes after Black and the NXI Title.

Shayna/Nikki pretty much has to end with Shayna choking Nikki out. If it wasn't Takeover I could see a intentional dq from Shayna, but they have generally avoided bs finishes on the big shows.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I know Mauro isn't everyone's cup of tea but I feel like those happy about it haven't actually heard Vic Joseph call a match.

Joseph isn't bad so much as completely forgettable. Not a fan of Mauro, but I would definitely prefer he was there if only because of how excited he can get.

On 6/14/2018 at 10:16 AM, JonnyLaw said:

Mauro is very uneven.  There are times he is great, but just as many times where he completely takes me out of the match.  That’s bad.

When he's in the moment and just calling a match, he's great.  When he's trying to squeeze in his pop culture references and too precious lines he pretty clearly workshopped before the show, he's nearly as bad as Matt Stryker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What killed Striker (not the unibrow Stryker :P)  was that he would use insider terms when doing it.   The beginning of the end for Matt was when he said "I am marking out bro" when Booker T I think showed up at the Royal Rumble.     Also didn't help that he would just blatantly lie.  Not in a heel over-embellishing way either.  Like when he told people that Jack Swagger was a Heisman trophy candidate in college

But yeah I see about Mauro.  Catching up on NXT TV his hatred of Ciampa came off really phony to me the more he did it.  I mean you should be disgusted by him but not in "YOU ARE THE DEVIL'  way that one fan did a month or so ago.