DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC 2018

RIPPA

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I haven't watched a lot of indie Canada wrestling but did Vanessa Kraven lose a bunch of weight recently.  Last time I saw her she was in the Nia Jax build.  But that was a while ago.  

She's always that I can remember been fairly slim. She's tall and imposing, not fat.

Two related things of note

1) No brackets were released so we won't know what they look like until after today's tapings (unless the WWE releases them ahead of time)

2) In the other thread - I list what in theory will be the match order of the first 4 shows. However - they have aired them out of order before. Like in the CWC - they aired Kota Ibushi's match in the first Episode but it was taped much later on.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

1) No brackets were released so we won't know what they look like until after today's tapings (unless the WWE releases them ahead of time)

Makes sense. This way they can arrange the brackets better so the girls who got over/impressed the brass the most don't face each other in round 2.

Guest Edwin
24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Aapparently we might have just had our Ibushi/Cedric 2nd round match

No, that was good, but not THAT good.

To go back a second - JJ tweeted that he specifically asked if “the don’t post finishes” was a rule for everyone and they said no, it was because “he worked for a dirt sheet” but more specifically it was because he was affiliated with WON

Just now, Iron Moose said:
  Hide contents

It's apparently just -- "just"? -- a broken leg!

Spoiler

Yeah, Triple H just came out and said broke her leg.

Spoiler

Toni Storm vs. Meiko Satomura is a MOTY candidate and easily the best match of the tournament and it's not even close. Unbelievable match. Even Michael Cole jumped out of his chair during the finishing stretch.

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:
  Hide contents

Well I guess they have to show the injury unfortunately.  Probably with a warning beforehand.   Really sucks because not only was she a favorite in the tournament but chances are a good future in NXT ?

Spoiler

What sucks the most is that it was the other leg, not the one she had the big knee brace on.

17 minutes ago, Edwin said:
  Hide contents

Toni Storm vs. Meiko Satomura is a MOTY candidate and easily the best match of the tournament and it's not even close. Unbelievable match. Even Michael Cole jumped out of his chair during the finishing stretch.

This pleases me to hear.

Spoiler

Their match in Stardom felt like so much wasted potential since its clear they were holding back as not potentially outdo Io/Momo. Glad they got another chance to do it in WWE. Kind of reminds me of Toni/Kairi last year which similar went to an average draw only to have a way better semi-final match in the MYC.

Spoiler

Toni vs. Meiko should have gone last, they raised the bar too high for Io vs. Rhea.

I'll post some more thoughts later.

16 minutes ago, Edwin said:
  Hide contents

Toni vs. Meiko should have gone last, they raised the bar too high for Io vs. Rhea.

I'll post some more thoughts later.

Spoiler

I assume this is because Tegan/Io was the original planned match, and they wanted the match with the fully contracted talent to main event.