DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC 2018

RIPPA

24 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Piper has to be in this again.  She was my favorite in the whole tournament.  Also, let's get Sexy Star in it, and have her squashed in the first round. 

It appears that Piper/Viper signed with the ITV World of Sport reboot so that would rule her out

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Also, let's get Sexy Star in it, and have her squashed in the first round. 

Why would you want a spot wasted on her? Why would you want to give her more exposure?

At the end of the Io Shirai story in the new WON this was put

Because of WWE getting more aggressive in looking for new women’s wrestlers, Stardom is taking a hit. This past week Bea Priestly canceled her July through September dates. In her case, she said she and boyfriend Will Ospreay are looking for a home in New Zealand. That coincides with Ospreay looking at getting work in Australia and New Zealand for much of the summer. Ospreay has talked about his goal of trying to elevate wrestling in Australia and New Zealand to U.K. levels.

However, Xia Brookside canceled her summer tour after previously asking for more dates. The belief is she’s either going to WWE or the Mae Young Classic, or both because she told the promotion she can’t give a reason for canceling, past saying she has a big opportunity this summer, which sounded like a code for WWE. WWE has made it clear they don’t want people telling anyone anything about coming in. Her father, Robbie Brookside, is a WWE trainer. Deonna Purrazzo is another name on that list, since she just cut short her next planned Stardom tour and she looks to be NXT bound, whether it be the next start date or for the Mae Young Classic and after.

PWI has confirmed that Purrazzo has signed and filled in the detail I was wondering about.

Her deal with ROH allowed her to opt out after 6 months which is obviously what she did.

I'm guessing Xia is only in for the tournament. Doubt they would break their 21 and over rule for her (it's not like she's even the best in her age bracket in the UK), even with Robbie there, and she can use her appearance to boost her career.

Bea is an open question. 3 months to look for a house screams bullshit, but then there's her WOS appearance and Ospreay's NJPW contract.

Britt Baker tweeted yesterday that she’s moving from Pittsburgh to Orlando. Obviously that may have nothing to do with WWE/NXT/MYC (Adam Cole I assume lives there, other Indy opportunities, etc.) but just throwing that out there.

14 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

I'm guessing Xia is only in for the tournament. Doubt they would break their 21 and over rule for her (it's not like she's even the best in her age bracket in the UK), even with Robbie there, and she can use her appearance to boost her career.

I thought the 21 and over rule was for the main roster, not to be signed by WWE.  So Xia could conceivably be signed, with the understanding she isn't even considered for a promotion until she turns 21.

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

I thought the 21 and over rule was for the main roster, not to be signed by WWE.  So Xia could conceivably be signed, with the understanding she isn't even considered for a promotion until she turns 21.

As I understand it, they won't put anyone under 21 "on the road". What they mean by that is up in the air, but I would think NXT touring shows might be included in that?

What health issues did Shotzi Blackheart have that would cause the WWE to probably pass on her?

The WWE should just form a partnership with Stardom if they're gonna raid their roster. Do what they do with ICW and Progress.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

The WWE should just form a partnership with Stardom if they're gonna raid their roster. Do what they do with ICW and Progress.

That'll be a fantastic move, and they can send over their gals to get some experience/training too.

21 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Bea is an open question. 3 months to look for a house screams bullshit, but then there's her WOS appearance and Ospreay's NJPW contract.

Three months really isn’t that long, especially if you’re including closing on it during that time.

Just for clarification - Shotzi was supposed to be on Tough Enough but didn't get cleared medically (Rudo is correct that it was a heart issue)

So she was on their radar at least back in 2015

10 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

As I understand it, they won't put anyone under 21 "on the road". What they mean by that is up in the air, but I would think NXT touring shows might be included in that?

Well, the "on the road" thing will be a question, but as far as just signing someone under 21, Rhea Ripley is proof that WWE will still sign U-21s, for better or worse there (and Ripley was in the first MYC and presumably will also be in the second, but hasn't made NXT regular rotation since then.) 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just for clarification - Shotzi was supposed to be on Tough Enough but didn't get cleared medically (Rudo is correct that it was a heart issue)

So she was on their radar at least back in 2015

That at least is a positive sign for Shotzi, since Io Shirai apparently also had a heart issue last year, but she's been signed already. 

3 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Well, the "on the road" thing will be a question, but as far as just signing someone under 21, Rhea Ripley is proof that WWE will still sign U-21s, for better or worse there (and Ripley was in the first MYC and presumably will also be in the second, but hasn't made NXT regular rotation since then.)

Ripey turned 21 last October, not long after her actual signing.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Ripey turned 21 last October, not long after her actual signing.

But she officially reported as a 20 year old, and since she's an international competitor (and international competitors signing takes far longer than domestic performers), it was likely the signing things could have been in place while she was 19, even.

5 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

But she officially reported as a 20 year old, and since she's an international competitor (and international competitors signing takes far longer than domestic performers), it was likely the signing things could have been in place while she was 19, even.

Like I said earlier, the "official" ban is for under 21s going on the road, not signing. Her reporting to the PC a few months before her birthday in no way violates that, and she still hasn't really been on the road.