DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC 2018

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:
  Hide contents

I assume this is because Tegan/Io was the original planned match, and they wanted the match with the fully contracted talent to main event.

Spoiler

My guess goes the other way -- that they needed time with the agents to put together Io/Rhea.

3 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

More likely they needed the extra time to lay out a new match they hadn't planned for.

Iron Moose already beat out this.

Spoiler

Rhea/Tegan was the quarter-final before the semis. Even if Knox was fine she and Io were almost certainly going on last. Io is the big name they want to shine here since she will likely debut in NXT sooner than later while Toni is on a UK contract and Meiko runs Senjo.

I do wonder if the injury had occurred earlier, if they would have used an injury replacement (like if it was a 2nd Round match - they would have restarted later.)

Based on camera time they were given and reactions, I think they will sign, make an offer or have already signed...

Spoiler

Lacey Lane, Aerial Monroe and Mia Yim.

Lacey got one of the loudest pops during her walk outs every time and they focused on her a lot after she was eliminated from the tournament.

Aeriel oozes charisma, got a loud pop and was heavily featured in her dark match despite being paired up Candice LaRae.

Mia got a huge pop and there was a "Please Sign Mia" chant when Triple H came out which he responded to "OK."

Spoiler

Absolutely sucks for Tegan. To spend the last year fighting back from injury, only to suffer another biggie on what should have been the biggest night of her career, that must be hard to take. Her Twitter post is amazing, can't believe she's so positive.

Also, spare a thought for Rhea Ripley. Assuming the plan was for Tegan to win, to suddenly be thrust into the biggest match of your career, with no warning, not long after watching one of your colleague suffering a serious injury in your match, that must be hard to get to grips with. Apparently, the match was really good, so fair play to her.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed Bracketology. it was nice to see Io and Meiko put over so much. I'm surprised Io speaks English that well since I recall people who talked to her in Japan mentioning she was worse than Kairi. She must have been working to improve the last year or so.

While I find it really funny, is there is a reason why Shelton Benjamin & Mia Yim are "feuding"?  I know that Shelton was at the Mae Young Classic and was getting into it with Mia verbally but was it just a completely random thing that has blossomed to this twitter thing