DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC 2018

RIPPA

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, Eivion said:

I've only seen so many Madison Rayne matches scattered throughout the years. Is she good? How is Kelly for that matter? I've only seen one match of hers.

Neat to see Xia in.

Madison is pretty average in the ring imo. Competent but nothing spectacular. You could replace her with say...Natty and get about the same sort of match quality.

WWE says 6 names remain

WON's story says 5 so I am trying to figure out the difference

EDIT - Oh Duh... since the person who qualified via a Qualifier that hasn't aired yet isn't acknowledged by WWE

59 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Madison is pretty average in the ring imo. Competent but nothing spectacular. You could replace her with say...Natty and get about the same sort of match quality.

I guess I shouldn't expect much then.

Lady! Destroy! Love that Hiroyo made it in.

I think Madison's best run was her heel run on top at Impact in 2010/2011. Kind of reminds me a bit of Alexa in that run, had some solid matches, her best mic work in the feud with Mickie, and I loved her briefly using the loaded glove gimmick.

BTW - Vernice Gabriel (Crystal) has been confirmed as NOT working the tournament (after they announced her and then removed her name)

That's via PWI - but no reason why was given

The only names not announced yet that were part of Renee Young's "leak" are MJ Jenkins, Rachael Evers (Ellering) and Sienna

From my best guesses list the people who aren't in (yet) are: Chelsea Green, Britt Baker, Marina Shafir, Jessamyn Duke, Xia Li and Barbi Hayden

5 minutes ago, Ace said:

Marina's literally had like one match. I don't think Jessamyn's even had one yet. Far too green for the tournament.

That didn't stop them last year

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That didn't stop them last year

Yes, but realistically they would want Shaffir and Duke to be more successful than the rookies they rolled out last year. They aren't throwing them into this.

I saw a list of rumored names for the last dozen participants someone put on twitter and eventually found it s way to reddit. So far that person has been correct. If so the likely last five will be among: MJ Jenkins, Alison Kay, Alpha Female, Chelsea Green, Britt Baker, & Jordynne Grace.

7 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Lady! Destroy! Love that Hiroyo made it in.

I think Madison's best run was her heel run on top at Impact in 2010/2011. Kind of reminds me a bit of Alexa in that run, had some solid matches, her best mic work in the feud with Mickie, and I loved her briefly using the loaded glove gimmick.

I enjoyed Madison’s duo with Gail Kim as well. They made a nice little heel team. 

Some really cool surprises so far. Still got my fingers crossed for Madison Eagles lol 

She had a match or two in the Women of Honor tournament, but I don't remember anything specific about them.

She's definitely a good character, but she's nothing special bell to bell. Which is fine, she won't single handily ruin a match or anything.