DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC 2018

RIPPA

Meltzer has in the newest WON

Right now the working dates for the 2018 Mae Young Classic are 8/7 and 8/8 at Full Sail University. That is not official until an announcement is made but crew has been told to keep those dates free for those tapings

• Like 1

• RIPPA pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

This is great news.  I loved last year's MYC and would be curious to see who they bring in this time around.

The only name that seems "certain" is Toni Storm being in it again since she just signed a WWE UK contract and it has been reported that she was at least asked to be in it

• Like 1

Really hope they put more effort in this time. The first one they clearly cared less about than the CWC, from the entrants, the announcing, the short matches and everything else.

This one should at least be better in that the NXT girls have more experience, although some, like Dakota Kai  and Bianca Belair have probably "graduated".

Looking at the NXT wiki, I'm guessing these girls will be in:

Taynara Conti

Vanessa Borne

Kavita Devi

Reina Gonzalez

Rhea Ripley

Steffanie Newell

Zeda

Kacy Catanzaro

Xia Li

There are a few more possibilities, but haven't really heard anything about how far along they are in their training. There will probably be a few returnees as well; Toni Storm and Alpha Female seem certainties, and probably a few more as well.

30 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Given that Zeuxis just left CMLL to be an independent, her turning up here would make sense.

That would make a lot a sense and I hope to see her there.  And considering Princesa Sugheit was there last year it's definitely possible.

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

is Chelsea Green signed to MLW? If not, I'd say she'll probably be in this. Gotta assume Britt Baker will be, too. Or is she signed to ROH?

I don't know if Chelsea is signed with MLW but she did sign some sort of deal with Lucha Underground as she will be in Season 4

Granted I have no idea what the LU contracts look like now so the season might be done airing before the MYC happens

• Like 1

I'm curious if this will be as big as the first tournament with 32 participants or just 16 this time. If they go smaller you have to assume we see way less NXT/PC talent this time. I don't think we see  see Kai, Candice, or Evans in this, but I do think Bianca has a chance to appear again and go far. I hope we more than one joshi wrestler this time.

13 hours ago, Cleavy said:

hoping that Deonna Purrazzo and Nicole Matthews get a chance this time.

Would've loved last year's dark match (Deonna/Jessica James v. Nicole/Barbi Hayden) to end up meeting again this year in the actual tournament, if Deonna was available.

Meltzer posted last night that Io Shirai is leaving Stardom and signing with the WWE.  Her last day with Stardom is June 17 so... she's the odds-on favorite, right?

While we're naming names, I'd love to see Jordynne Grace at least get an appearance in the tourney, if not hired outright.

EDIT: Please sign Jazzy!  *clap clap clapclapclap*

• Like 1

I doubt they'd give it to Kairi and Io in consecutive years, but I also doubted they'd have Nakamura and Asuka win Rumbles in the same night. Is it racist to assume old white people are racist?

Hoping we get to see gals like Ripley and Conti in it again because they were quite good last year and it would be interesting to see how much they've advanced off screen (the not-Moolah Battle Royal notwithstanding). I would've pegged Tessa Blanchard as a favorite if she hadn't just showed up elsewhere.

An Io Shirai vs Toni Storm rematch in a WWE ring would be an awesome final.