DVDVR Message Board

Lana Day? Pancake Shame? I suck at this, I shouldn't start these - SDL- 5/22/18

GodzillaPerez

I'm not quite getting Nakamura asking for a Last Man Standing match when his last title match with AJ ended in a double count out. So there's an even greater chance of that happening in Last Man Standing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jaedmc said:

So Jaff Hardy vs. Daniel Bryan was fucking great. It was cool how Jeff countered Daniel's standard spots with his own standard spots. Like he had studied tape and knew which move he had would be perfect to counter Bryan's. they performed it so well that the audience was buying the idea that he had DB's number. They played off Jeff's knee selling not just in the match but over his tenure in the WWE. Daniel Bryan is showing more viciousness and it's getting him over again with the crowd. He was over before but he was over because "Oh he's back what a sweet story." And now it's like "Oh this guy is dangerous." and the cheers are morphing into something different and more visceral. Loved that they made the Swanton Counter into a nearfall that was totally believable, but didn't feel like overkill with the kickout.

Well balanced bout. One of Jeff's best singles in terms of pacing/execution/psychology. Would love to see a trilogy.

Jeff has been really good since coming back.  For a guy who's wrestled the way he has for as long as he has coupled with his history of substance abuse and that his joints are basically held together with spit and bailing wire I'm amazed at how well he's still performing.  He managed to get what I thought was a surprisingly watchable match out of Jinder on the Raw episode where he won the title.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm not quite getting Nakamura asking for a Last Man Standing match when his last title match with AJ ended in a double count out. So there's an even greater chance of that happening in Last Man Standing.

I'm down for them to repeat the simultaneous low blow, both fall to the floor, and have the MitB holder run in, cash their briefcase in and stand there proudly as the ref counted both men to 10, giving him the title

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

I'm down for them to repeat the simultaneous low blow, both fall to the floor, and have the MitB holder run in, cash their briefcase in and stand there proudly as the ref counted both men to 10, giving him the title

A shame Bo Dallas isn't in MitB.

• Like 2

So Nakamura has to win the title at MitB, right? On one hand, it's only been 6 weeks since they had their first match together at Mania, but they've already seemed to run this feud in to the ground and I'm ready for it to be over. If Nakamura wins the title, that means the feud continues. On the other hand, if Nakamura loses, it makes him look horrible for never really getting a win over AJ the entire time, and then where does he go from there? I'm also still waiting for the "all time classic dream match" they've been talking about that lives up to the hype of their NJPW match, because none of them have been close to "classics" so far. I chalk that up to the poor booking of the match finishes rather than the guys involved, though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I’m surprised Nakamura didn’t announce a Balls Count Anywhere stipulation...

I’ll see myself out.

No no no, you misheard him. He misspoke.

It's Fouls Count Anywhere.

(yeah, I'm right behind you)

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

So Nakamura has to win the title at MitB, right? On one hand, it's only been 6 weeks since they had their first match together at Mania, but they've already seemed to run this feud in to the ground and I'm ready for it to be over. If Nakamura wins the title, that means the feud continues. On the other hand, if Nakamura loses, it makes him look horrible for never really getting a win over AJ the entire time, and then where does he go from there? I'm also still waiting for the "all time classic dream match" they've been talking about that lives up to the hype of their NJPW match, because none of them have been close to "classics" so far. I chalk that up to the poor booking of the match finishes rather than the guys involved, though. 

Its my favorite thing in WWE. The matches have been properly building in intensity and the stipulation builds off of Backlash. 

Really enjoyed Daniel Bryan vs. Jeff Hardy, it or Bryan/Styles is Bryan's best match since he was allowed to compete again. The Dragon Screw into the Heel Hook was nasty. Bryan used the Heel Hook against Chris Jericho in his first WWE match on the first season of NXT .

On 5/23/2018 at 5:12 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I always have a great time at live shows so I'd probably feel differently if I was at home but I thought it was a pretty good show.  The Nakamura and AJ Styles brawl was cool I thought they were going to spill right over to us and I had a good time watching Hardy vs. Bryan.   

Carmella fought Becky Lynch in a dark match people were still filing in but mostly into it.  It was a solid match too.  I think Carmella is starting to get over some.  

Glad you had a good time, friend!

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tap or Snap is back!

19 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

In regards to your title... To quote noted raconteur, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson...  "You are absolutely right. You do suck."  

Live with your shame with a shiny new title. 

(This will teach me I shouldn't actually try to do something fun on a Tuesday night.)

I know from first hand experience about Dolfan in NYC's new titles. Check my funny one for pointing out I posted something before him ; )

• Like 1

Can we please have Almas back in NXT? He's DOA on the main roster and they have no idea what to do with him.

Can we please have Almas back in NXT? He's DOA on the main roster and they have no idea what to do with him.

On 5/23/2018 at 12:27 PM, jaedmc said:

What's great is that he's still taking the beating, getting sympathy from the crowd, and then instead of the flukie underdog win he pulls something out that murders his opponent. It's like what they've been trying to get Roman Reigns to do, minutes the get sympathy part. 

I'm wondering if they're going in this direction so they can build him for the Lesnar match he wants. 

I want Lesnar/Bryan more than any other match in the world.  I know DB wants it. I bet Heyman wants it too.

It's nice to see the drop kick holding the ropes over that stupid dive everyone does. 

This definitly reminds me of late ROH DB where he was just destroying people. Hard to believe we are seein ace DB in a WWE ring, but here we are.  It's refreshing to see him without the underdog stuff.  They treated the Rusev win like a big upset.

Loved the Hardy match this week. Hardy is having a nice run.

Has Sanity even been on the show yet?  

Everyone has gotten to the main roster and discovered this ain't no early 90's NWA tag team federation.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Sanity and AOP are much worse off at this point.

I already commented on Sanity being completely MIA, but man, I forgot all about the AoP. What the fuck!?

And to double up on that, if you don't have any ideas for how to use them...

DON'T FUCKING CALL THEM UP

Jesus Christ this company is fucking DUMB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2018 at 5:42 PM, TheVileOne said:

You do realize that they got to this point because AJ wants a match to settle the score between him and Nak..... so creative booked him in a match with Nak to pick the stip for the match they're going to have to settle the score.  WWE booking is a riddle wrapped in an enigma and then flushed down a hole like an unwanted baby crocodile.

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

And to double up on that, if you don't have any ideas for how to use them...

DON'T FUCKING CALL THEM UP

Jesus Christ this company is fucking DUMB.

I don't disagree, but the issue is that there was also arguably little to do with them in NXT either since they have new call ups there needing focus, and all of the main roster call ups were important enough that they didn't just want them jobbing to any and everybody on their way out.

They have like 80+ people working at the PC. They call up guys, never release anyone anymore (why should they? Profits are gonna triple over the next few years even with extra salaries) and they just don't have time to use everybody.

They almost need a fourth (fifth counting 205) brand. Maybe Amazon could air that.

15 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

They have like 80+ people working at the PC. They call up guys, never release anyone anymore (why should they? Profits are gonna triple over the next few years even with extra salaries) and they just don't have time to use everybody.

They almost need a fourth (fifth counting 205) brand. Maybe Amazon could air that.

What's coming? The global satellite brands: China, India, UK, etc.