DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Family Ties - 5/21/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Yeah they are counting both now. On Smackdown Live last week they mentioned both I believe saying how Becky was in the 1st 2 MITB matches. 

Also, when Carmella won the first one, Bryan made a point of saying she did it within the rules, so they couldn’t reverse it, but he made her defend the briefcase in a second match.

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

I really wish they explained the Nia thing as her planning on being champ for a while, knowing Rhonda was gonna get a title shot eventually, and wanting to get it down now to put her to the back of the line.

Makes a shitload more sense than... “You can’t armbar me!”

Wanting to wrestler her before she really learns how to wrestle makes an awful lot of sense (and yeah, would be way better), but it's perhaps too "sports" and not enough "entertainment" for WWE, and invites us to wonder more broadly about the presentation of part timers.

• Like 1

Ember/Alexa was good and I also enjoyed what little we got of the women's four way match. I actually was hoping Sarah Logan would get the upset as it would be a new face injected in the scene but Nattie is fine. 

So, I'm assuming that Nia is pretty much done as champ. 

28 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Special shout out to whichever writer thinks Alexa Bliss, cocky mean girl heel, needs to be cutting promos about the fucking Visigoths 

I did a double take on that one. I had to even rewind to make sure she said that.

Who the fuck wrote that shit?

47 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Special shout out to whichever writer thinks Alexa Bliss, cocky mean girl heel, needs to be cutting promos about the fucking Visigoths 

18 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I did a double take on that one. I had to even rewind to make sure she said that.

I'm sure the entire writing team was required to do X hours of research on the Roman Empire after that became part of the Reigns gimmick and they've been sitting on that reference ever since

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How come no atomic noogies then or the Sarge "get whipped into the corner sternum first, hit your head on the ring post" spot?

Thetharo thaw thith potht and thaid, "Thcrew that noithe!"

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Casey said:

Anything stupid or offensive from now until the Fox deal is finalized will now be followed by “I hope someone at Fox sees this and cancels the deal”.

Yeah, the same network that airs shit like Family Guy and American Dad is going to lose their mind about a scripted athletic TV show running an angle like the Zayn/Lashley segment. Doubtful.

I never said it was LIKELY but a man can dream, can't he?

Along with those signs there were a couple other decent ones out there.  Seemed like a decent crowd at the start, too bad they killed it dead with that Sami segment.  I felt bad fast forwarding anything with him on TV, but that was atrocious.  

Also, I must be lucky. I started watching Raw a little after it started, which gave me some leeway to fast forward through stuff. And then at some point I figured I wanted to get the dishes done so I could just enjoy the Braun vs Finn match. I completely missed the Sami segment. It sounds fabulous though.

Aside from the main event, the thing that really stood out to me is how fucking over Seth Rollins is. As much as I love Braun and think they have something special there, they've clearly cooled him off. He's still one of their hottest acts, but it's been a long time since I've seen crowds go nuts for someone week after week like they do for Seth.

It's completely moot now since WWE is swimming in money, but a heel Roman run with Seth and Braun both chasing is fucking money. The chemistry between Seth and Roman in the ring is questionable, but Roman would avoid getting cheered as a heel if he's paired up against Seth. We already know that Roman and Braun have insanely good chemistry together. I wish these guys could be feuding over the Universal title to prove who is the best.

Too bad that Brock has that title.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

The chemistry between Seth and Roman in the ring is questionable

The match where Seth beat Roman for the belt was really good. The chemistry is there though its not Braun/Roman level.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

Not Alexa

...maybe Robert Evans, since Archibald Peck has gone back in time.

Kudos to Steph managing to bury Nia, Alexa and the entire women's roster in one shot. Truly she is the bury master now. 

Don't know how to feel about that Sami/Lashley segment. I did want to see Sami and the sisters get beat up. But it took too long to get there and the beating was not satisfying.

17 hours ago, Victator said:

Kudos to Steph managing to bury Nia, Alexa and the entire women's roster in one shot. Truly she is the bury master now. 

Don't know how to feel about that Sami/Lashley segment. I did want to see Sami and the sisters get beat up. But it took too long to get there and the beating was not satisfying.

Steph burying the women and Kurt for that matter was atrocious.  There's ways to be a shit-stirrer and she doesn't care to do it in a way that doesn't bury those around her.  She should really pay more attention to how Miz does it as he's phenomenal at doing that.

And I checked out on the Sami segment long before Lashley came out.  Whoever came up with that is bad and should feel bad.