DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Family Ties - 5/21/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I need there to never be a "people from your past" segment ever again.  I don't know if it was more disconcerting watching Lashley beating up his "sisters" or hearing the lack of reaction to him making jokes.  

Finn/Braun was *way* more fun than it had any right to be.  It was Vader/Sting for the 2010's.  Braun casually shit talking Finn was fantastic.  Balor bumping like a pinball for him was great.  I'd very much like to see them fight for a title. 

• Like 3

So the thing I don't understand was that Sami was saying he was going to expose Lashley's lies. Lies about what exactly? That he doesn't have a wacky family? And in turn make it so that Lashley has some kind of mental illness? I was kinda hoping that's where they were going since the stories he (Lashley) told really made no sense. What is Sami's beef with Lashley here exactly? Did it seem like to anyone else that they kind of put some inside jab on the part where Sami kept mentioning the police being called on Lashley, with all the controversy in the country lately about that? What could have been a really wacky segment died a slow, painful death.

Charlie mentioned this was Nattie's third MITB. Are they now counting the original and re-do match as separate ones, because they weren't before.

8 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

So the thing I don't understand was that Sami was saying he was going to expose Lashley's lies. Lies about what exactly? That he doesn't have a wacky family? And in turn make it so that Lashley has some kind of mental illness? 

If Lashley can't just be The Destroyer, mentally ill Lashley is the way to go. As it turns out, Lashley doesn't have any sisters, but what he does have are jello molds preserved with formaldehyde that he puts wigs on and keeps as his "sisters". Finally, Lashley adopts the personality, mannerisms, voice of another sister...Sister Abigail. Lashley's descent into madness could be fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Can Ronda put the armbar on Nia Jax?!" when she's already tapped to Becky's armbar, Bayley, and Asuka is a rather silly build for this.

I liked Ember/Alexa. Alexa is always my fav and Ember's been on fire the past few weeks, best she's looked. Everything else after was either short or uneventful. Really hoping Ruby gets the last MITB spot next week.

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

All the agents ended up with food poisoning and Slaughter had to take over.

How come no atomic noogies then or the Sarge "get whipped into the corner sternum first, hit your head on the ring post" spot?

If The B Team had their own Pro Wrestling Tee's store, they'd be making a killing right now.

Man, that Lashley thing killed the show dead. I mean the first hour was all right. But wow. If they scrapped that whole segment we could have got another 10 minutes with Braun and Finn.

• Like 1

Watching highlights of Raw and just popped in on this thread to see if the Sami/Lashley Sisters segment was as dumb and awful as it looked in highlight form...and it looks like it was even worse when not clipped into a 30 second segment.  With the campy affected voices of the sisters, and Lashley beating them up after, it really left a bad taste in my mouth.  In the late 90s/Attitude Erra/Even say 5-10 years ago, I could see a case for the segment (Shitty as it is) but in 2018 it's just an ugly, shitty off-putting mess.   I really hope someone from Fox saw it and went "Hey, let's not give this guy a billion dollars" and Vince having to settle for a lesser deal.

I love how Nia went from standing up to bullying to acting vaguely bullying in two weeks with no explanation.  I almost wonder if Nia wants out, so they're hot-shotting this now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

"Can Ronda put the armbar on Nia Jax?!" when she's already tapped to Becky's armbar, Bayley, and Asuka is a rather silly build for this.

I liked Ember/Alexa. Alexa is always my fav and Ember's been on fire the past few weeks, best she's looked. Everything else after was either short or uneventful. Really hoping Ruby gets the last MITB spot next week.

Anything that happened prior to Vince being worth more than billionaire Ted is out the window.

26 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I think we just saw a heel turn for her.

I think the promo at Backlash (and the reception to it) might just have killed her face run.

Anything stupid or offensive from now until the Fox deal is finalized will now be followed by “I hope someone at Fox sees this and cancels the deal”.

Yeah, the same network that airs shit like Family Guy and American Dad is going to lose their mind about a scripted athletic TV show running an angle like the Zayn/Lashley segment. Doubtful.

6 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

So the thing I don't understand was that Sami was saying he was going to expose Lashley's lies. Lies about what exactly? That he doesn't have a wacky family? And in turn make it so that Lashley has some kind of mental illness? I was kinda hoping that's where they were going since the stories he (Lashley) told really made no sense. What is Sami's beef with Lashley here exactly? Did it seem like to anyone else that they kind of put some inside jab on the part where Sami kept mentioning the police being called on Lashley, with all the controversy in the country lately about that? What could have been a really wacky segment died a slow, painful death.

Charlie mentioned this was Nattie's third MITB. Are they now counting the original and re-do match as separate ones, because they weren't before.

Yeah they are counting both now. On Smackdown Live last week they mentioned both I believe saying how Becky was in the 1st 2 MITB matches. 

5 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

It's no sillier than wondering if someone like John Cena or Brock can lift the Big Show, when there's literally dozens of instances where they've lifted The Big Show.

• Like 1