DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE TO FOX, OCTOBER 2019

On 8/16/2019 at 2:25 AM, HumanChessgame said:

As someone whose work week goes from Saturday night through Tuesday morning I can relate. Having your schedule clear during the week is nice as far as going places and them being totally deserted is nice, but it's pretty much impossible to have a proper social life.

My wife and I both worked weekends for a long time.  When we finally didn't, we'd go places on the weekend and be like, "Where the fuck did all these people come from?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This doesn't have to do with Punk coming back to work for WWE, it has to do with Punk working for Fox/FS1.

His agency, on his behalf, is trying to land him on a program that will be a promotional tool for the WWE. He can frame it however he wants because of who’s writing his checks, but he’ll be working to benefit the WWE. ...And he’ll be back working directly within the genre of wrestling. Something he’s claimed he’s left in his past.

7 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

His agency, on his behalf, is trying to land him on a program that will be a promotional tool for the WWE. He can frame it however he wants because of who’s writing his checks, but he’ll be working to benefit the WWE. ...And he’ll be back working directly within the genre of wrestling. Something he’s claimed he’s left in his past.

That's....what agencies do...

They try to find you work.

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That's....what agencies do...

They try to find you work.

You don’t think Punk pointed them in that direction of employment? 

Lets not act like he hasn’t hinted through a lot of his recent actions that he wants to return in some capacity.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I mean, again, this is what agencies do. My friend out in Hollywood didn't want to do a Cadillac commercial and never sought one out, but his agent thought it would be great work. I don't believe Punk is in the position of pushing his agent to get him specific projects and it's probably more of a situation where they look out for what might be the best work for him, they start kicking the tires, and then they go back to the client and say, "hey, here's this great opportunity."

For example, do you think Punk wanted his agent to get him commercial work for NASCAR? Probably not.

And my middle initial is actually M. 

Random note, but reddit is doing a prediction contest for KOTR. I joined cause why not, I thought it was a pretty simple tournament to setup. And the first 4 matches that went down seemed obvious. Shane screws Owens, Where as the Joe/Alexander/Andrade winners were set in stone as soon as I saw the bracket.

They did a 1st week update and apparently only 11% of the field got all the first 4 matches correct. 81% picked Owens over Elias. Does that just seem absurdly high to anyone else?

Just now, Dewar said:

Depends on when you thought Shane would screw KO out of the match. I would think a lot of people assumed it would be the finals against Drew Mac before his interference would finally work. 

While I shouldn’t argue this because it’s silly to defend WWE booking the regular, but there is literally zero point in making the KOTR be just about the Shane/Owens storyline, which is exactly what that scenario would do. The moment I saw the bracket I thought “Hey, a reason for midcard matches between talented guys to actually mean something, and the bracket is fun.”

I also just found it odd that Owens is literally matches with Shane’s newest lackey in the 1st. Felt like an obvious “Owens gets screwed” thing without it dominating the tournament.

19 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Random note, but reddit is doing a prediction contest for KOTR. I joined cause why not, I thought it was a pretty simple tournament to setup. And the first 4 matches that went down seemed obvious. Shane screws Owens, Where as the Joe/Alexander/Andrade winners were set in stone as soon as I saw the bracket.

They did a 1st week update and apparently only 11% of the field got all the first 4 matches correct. 81% picked Owens over Elias. Does that just seem absurdly high to anyone else?

I'm really kicking myself for not doing a prediction contest of some kind before this started.  I likely could have got a friend to take part with a few bucks/round of beers on the line.  Oh, well.  But it's still fun to follow along and I think I got one wrong so far.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I mean, again, this is what agencies do. My friend out in Hollywood didn't want to do a Cadillac commercial and never sought one out, but his agent thought it would be great work. I don't believe Punk is in the position of pushing his agent to get him specific projects and it's probably more of a situation where they look out for what might be the best work for him, they start kicking the tires, and then they go back to the client and say, "hey, here's this great opportunity."

For example, do you think Punk wanted his agent to get him commercial work for NASCAR? Probably not.

And my middle initial is actually M. 

TIL Craig is friends with Matthew Mcconaughey

6 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

TIL Craig is friends with Matthew Mcconaughey

Like WNBB said, that's Lincoln, but my friend did get to work with Joe and Anthony Russo since they directed the commercial. Well, at least he worked with Joe Russo, Anthony Russo was rarely on set and only showed up with food briefly before leaving again.