DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE TO FOX, OCTOBER 2019

Has it been confirmed that Kevin Dunn isnt going to be in the truck at all?

Didnt the trigger for WWF to gloss up their production in the 80s come from NBC taking over the lighting/look of Saturday Nights Main Event? Those early shows really were the prototype for what Superstars/Challenge would look like later, I really am curious what new tricks FOX will bring to the table. 

15 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Has it been confirmed that Kevin Dunn isnt going to be in the truck at all?

Didnt the trigger for WWF to gloss up their production in the 80s come from NBC taking over the lighting/look of Saturday Nights Main Event? Those early shows really were the prototype for what Superstars/Challenge would look like later, I really am curious what new tricks FOX will bring to the table. 

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Fox wanted complete control of production. I guess time will tell what that actually mean. Hopefully it means Kevin gets Fridays off.

• Like 1

Several sites said FOX will be doing the production. And more sports like presentation is what is going to happen. Unless plans change.

Everything else will most likely be the same stuff they're already doing now, booking, wrestling style etc.

• 2 weeks later...

By Mike Johnson on 2019-09-12 17:34:00
The 10/4 WWE Smackdown debut will not be the first WWE broadcast on FOX.

PWInsider.com has confirmed that there will be a one hour special titled "Smackdown's Greatest Hits" airing on FOX on Friday 9/27 at 8 PM Eastern.

The special is meant to preview WWE coming to the FOX Network, which began with the "We're All Superstars" media campaign a few weeks back.

I really hope (wishful thinking I know) that Kofi gets a fluke schoolboy win on the Oct. 4th SmackDown maybe with run ins from The New Day and Randy Orton (continuing the feud) setting up a rematch two days later in The Cell and Brock can win that one, setting up a triple threat at Starrcade between Brock-Kofi-Orton with Kofi pinning Randy to regain the title, protecting Brock (cuz lord knows Brock needs it) then Kofi can go into Mania champ loosing to Owens in Tampa. 

• RIPPA locked this topic