DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE TO FOX, OCTOBER 2019

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Not necessarily - if you assume most places are using Nielsen ratings and Nielsen either uses live viewing on live viewing + same day DVR viewing (at least in the common reporting you see). The average person - most likely - isn't going to be able to watch their recording in time.

Yes it wouldn't affect overall viewing - especially assuming Turner/TNT would get the reports that show how many people watched their AEW recording withing 3 days (and how many watched within 7 days) - but look at now.

RAW and SDL ratings are reported as live viewing. We never hear about the "(insert number here) people watched RAW within the week"

So - technically - yes it would hurt the ratings

Well, in that case I'll watch AEW live and NXT either after that or next day.

For the digital primer and/or kickoff show, designed to introduce new fans to the WWE talent, I hope they just do an hour-long Wrestlerock Rumble style rap where each guy introduces himself in rhyme.

FOX wants everyone to promote WWE as a legitimate sport, not that the outcomes are real, but that it is a choreographed sports presentation

So like figure skating or synchronized swimming? 

• Like 1

Just now, Technico Support said:

For the digital primer and/or kickoff show, designed to introduce new fans to the WWE talent, I hope they just do an hour-long Wrestlerock Rumble style rap where each guy introduces himself in rhyme.

Now I am going to be so angry when this doesn't happen

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I'm Seth Rollins, I'm the champ,

People say I've got no rhythm, what do they know,

I've got a stomp with their name all over it,

You can't stop me, like you can't stop my my irresistible rap flow.

You guys can edit that, right?

• Haha 7

My name is Brock

I've got a boombox

I'll wrestle twice a year

But probably not on Fox

------

I'm the King of Kings

There is none higher

We're hoping the ratings

Don't get even more dire

------

Bonjour mes amis

Je suis assez adroit

Tu peux m'appeler

Le francais Pierre Froid

-------

My name is Baron

I'll be your server today

What can I get you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

For the digital primer and/or kickoff show, designed to introduce new fans to the WWE talent, I hope they just do an hour-long Wrestlicious Rumble style rap where each guy introduces himself in rhyme.

FFTY

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

And per Meltzer - the touring schedule when Smackdown on FOX begins will be

RAW: Friday - Sunday - House Shows, TV Monday (Off Days - Tuesday through Thursday)

SDL: Thursday - House Show, TV Friday, Sat & Sun House Shows (Off Days - Monday through Wednesday)

This won't be the exact schedule every week and folks who have to work both TV shows will clearly have a different schedule

3 days off in a row has been the norm for quite awhile. But when you factor in the travel on the first day off to get home and the 3rd day off to get back on the road, it's always been just one real full day a week off for them. Grueling schedule, really. This new schedule seems like a good deal for the SmackDown crew, as at least once a month when there's a PPV, a lot of them will get another night off as a good majority will definitely not be booked on those shows. I wonder if they'll still have to travel to be at those shows even if they're not booked, or if they can wait to travel to the house show on Monday. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

That is far from a negative. At least in my mind. 

I wouldn't mind being by myself,  I like running errands and it's a slow day or taking a walk on a slow day.  But it's a matter of convenience. Most people are going to have the weekend off so if I'm going to do anything with friends and family it has to be on those days. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The positive of having the middle of the week off,  the beaches will be clear.  The negative of having the middle of the week off,  nobody else in the world has the middle of the week off. 

As someone whose work week goes from Saturday night through Tuesday morning I can relate. Having your schedule clear during the week is nice as far as going places and them being totally deserted is nice, but it's pretty much impossible to have a proper social life.

Edited by HumanChessgame

So apparently - they will be expanded to 3 hours of wrestling on Friday

It isn't decided yet if it will be one hour on FS1 and then regular Smackdown for 2 hours on FOX

Or it if will be 1 hour on the Network, 2 hours on FOX

It could be 205Live goes live on the Network (though more likely the show is vanishing)

Also that is known is that the plan is for 3 hours live on Fridays

Isn't 205 Live already, uh, live on the Network? Therefore making it a 3 hour block of wrestling on Tuesdays. So, in theory, nothing really changes, unless 205 live is cancelled and it just becomes another hour of Smackdown. But there's already three hours in place on the day Smackdown airs.

I'd bet 205 Live gets merged with NXT sooner than later, though.