DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE TO FOX, OCTOBER 2019

Doing a Christmas night show wasn't a big deal for a regional territory. Everyone lived in the area, did Christmas in the morning, went to the arena in the evening.

It's a big difference for a national company where talent live all across the country and the show likely won't even be where the production people live.

The claim last year was that USA wanted RAW live so it probably will be a network by network call

Christmas 2019 will mean both shows get to be home for the actual holiday but it sucks for SDL because it means they will have to fly to where ever SDL is on the 26th

Thanksgiving and Christmas used to be big time drawing nights for professional wrestling. Survivor Series started as the Thanksgiving Eve event because they realized most other sports did nothing on that night.

I think they should move some of their PPV nights around. The night after the MLB All-Star game has zero sporting events, stick a PPV show on a Wednesday, and check to see how your viewership is.

They were all traditional PPV.  I know Starrcade and Survivor Series started off as Thanksgiving PPVs, but those were generally situated close to the head office, etc.

I always wanted PPVs to be on Saturday nights when I was a kid, because they always went off the air after my bedtime (in the 80s) on school days.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

They were all traditional PPV.  I know Starrcade and Survivor Series started off as Thanksgiving PPVs, but those were generally situated close to the head office, etc.

I always wanted PPVs to be on Saturday nights when I was a kid, because they always went off the air after my bedtime (in the 80s) on school days.

I want them on Saturdays now and I'm a 30 year old man. NXT Takeovers are just as big in my house as Souled Out was when I was 10 for that very reason. 

Man, I'd love it if they switched non-Takeover weekend PPVs to Saturdays. Part of me wonders if they would have made that change at some point if UFC didn't already command Saturdays as their day for PPVs and Fox/ESPN cards. I suppose boxing is a problem as well.