DVDVR Message Board

MOVIE COMMENT CATCH-ALL THREAD

jaedmc

Marked for Death was on the other day and now Hard to Kill is on. Seagal just said "I'm gonna take you to the bank, senator... the BLOOD BANK." I think I love these movies.

Seagal before he got fat and could barely move was indeed the greatest thing ever.

Are all of these "Worst movie scenes of all time" so awesomely watchable? I can't fathom the mindset of whoever made that video, one of the worst scenes ever because wires? "Obviously there is no gravity in this room..." - I even read it in a whiney, nasal voice.

I'm off to watch more of these things, obviously.

EDIT: The first one is from On Deadly Ground, fucking hell.

before tonight, I was unaware of a BounceTV affiliate in my area. I realized this network existed when I saw they were running Dolemite and Human Tornado back to back starting at 1am.

Tomorrow night they're running Blankman and Brian's Song back to back in the middle of the night for an attempt at the biggest transition between two aired movies ever.

before tonight, I was unaware of a BounceTV affiliate in my area. I realized this network existed when I saw they were running Dolemite and Human Tornado back to back starting at 1am.

Tomorrow night they're running Blankman and Brian's Song back to back in the middle of the night for an attempt at the biggest transition between two aired movies ever.

I don't have cable but I get this channel (only on the tv in the living room but not the bedroom for some reason) and the selection of movies they play is WCW Worldwide in its randomness.  They play some decent stuff though, or at least movies that I like enough to want to watch in the middle of the night.

I have watched a debatably unhealthy amount of kaiju films of late.  In the last like two weeks, I have watched Gojira, Godzilla Raids Again, Rodan (bastardized American cut), King Kong vs. Godzilla (bastardized American Cut) Gamera: Super Monster (I have no clue if the American cut is all that bastardized, but good lord is that terrible), Mothra vs. Godzilla, Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster, and Invasion of Astro Monster. 

KAIJUFEST 2013 is fully underway here.  Christmas?  Fuck that, GODZILLAMAS!

I don't have cable but I get this channel (only on the tv in the living room but not the bedroom for some reason) and the selection of movies they play is WCW Worldwide in its randomness.  They play some decent stuff though, or at least movies that I like enough to want to watch in the middle of the night.

Saturday nights are kinda under-appreciated for the amount of random movies airing on network affiliates. I noticed that after realizing the CBS station was showing Wagons East from 2:30am to 4:30am.

I have watched a debatably unhealthy amount of kaiju films of late.  In the last like two weeks, I have watched Gojira, Godzilla Raids Again, Rodan (bastardized American cut), King Kong vs. Godzilla (bastardized American Cut) Gamera: Super Monster (I have no clue if the American cut is all that bastardized, but good lord is that terrible), Mothra vs. Godzilla, Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster, and Invasion of Astro Monster. 

KAIJUFEST 2013 is fully underway here.  Christmas?  Fuck that, GODZILLAMAS!

Tony Isabella* "runs" the First Church of Godzilla on his facebook wall

*Comic book writer, creator of Black Lightning

It's a blaxploitation renaissance lately. Epix Drive In has added FRIDAY FOSTER to their rotation. 

If you haven't seen that, see it!  Pam Grier is the most charming woman who has ever lived. Plus Yaphet Kotto as a slacker detective.  Scatman Crothers as a sleazy slick preacher.   Eartha Kitt as a fashion magazine mogul:  "I think you'd better get your little derriere down here nowwwwwww.  Frrrrriday, I said Nooooooooowwwwwww!"

Also Carl Weathers, just months before ROCKY hit playing a hit man. Jason Bernard as the villain leading an army of white mercenaries in black face.  (yep...that's his plan.)

Holy shit, Jim "Thurston Howell III" Backus just showed up.  and Ted "Isaac from THE LOVE BOAT" Lange.

Pam Grier manages to play naive and plucky rather than "street tough" so well.  She just bumbles through the movie with a wink and a smile and some of the best outfits I've ever seen.  Also she sleeps with everyone because she is a modern professional woman, thank you very much.  And the scarves!

friday_foster.jpg

THE SCARVES!!!!!

MV5_BMTMx_Nj_U2_NDQw_MV5_BMl5_Ban_Bn_Xk_

DEAR SWEET GOD, THE SCARVES!!!!

pam_grier_0941.jpg

Guys, I think this may be the best syndicated comic adaptation of all time.