DVDVR Message Board

Cobra Kai

Dolfan in NYC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished season 2. Zabka deserves some kind of award. Who would have thought that he would turn out to be a really good actor? 

Pretty good season over all even though some of the callbacks were a little cheesy. I did pop huge for one particular episode because  one ironic callback from the first movie. 

• Like 4

On 4/24/2019 at 3:24 PM, MADCAP said:

Just finished season 2. Zabka deserves some kind of award. Who would have thought that he would turn out to be a really good actor? 

Pretty good season over all even though some of the callbacks were a little cheesy. I did pop huge for one particular episode because  one ironic callback from the first movie. 

LEt me guess...

Spoiler

Put him in a bodybag?

Incredible. I had a feeling that what happened in the last episode was going to happen. Well, the the thing in the middle and then the thing at the end.

I'm guessing that...

Well WTF, there's no spoiler button on the fucking mobile version of this website. Dammit anyway.

I'll save my hypothesis for later.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Well WTF, there's no spoiler button on the fucking mobile version of this website. Dammit anyway.

I'll save my hypothesis for later.

I’m with you. I’m not eloquent enough to really put into words how I felt without spoiling it, but damn there were so many things I want to discuss. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished season 2. Loved it again. Still dig all the callbacks and flashbacks, especially the music. Another great finale having me already looking forward to a third season. Definitely my favorite show going.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Anyone else thinking that 

Hide contents

Kreese is Miguel's dad/the guy his mother is on the run from?

Not a chance. BTW, regarding Ali, I'd say it's looking up that she may join season 3 given how The Boys ended.

• 4 weeks later...

So apparently YouTube is giving up on getting people to subscribe to premium and making all of the originals free to view. Then stuffing them with ads and releasing them at a rate of one episode a week, to piss you off enough that you then subscribe to premium. But anyway, Kobra Kai should be free to view now (or soon).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2019 at 4:05 PM, AxB said:

So apparently YouTube is giving up on getting people to subscribe to premium and making all of the originals free to view. Then stuffing them with ads and releasing them at a rate of one episode a week, to piss you off enough that you then subscribe to premium. But anyway, Kobra Kai should be free to view now (or soon).

Ads be damned that's great news for me.  I have enough streaming services to subscribe to that I just wouldn't sign up just to see this show.  Glad my patience paid off.

I guess this doesn't affect me since I'm already a YouTube TV customer and that includes YouTube Premium. Unless they decided to fuck their customers twice in one calendar year by also dropping Premium from the YTTV subscription.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched season 1 in two days and between that and so far into season 2 I absolutely love it.  There's definitely some hokey moments but I'm loving the callbacks and how they took the whole "Johnny was right" narrative and ran with it.  In one episode they basically spell out the whole story from that video.  But instead of making Johnny pure good and Daniel pure Evil they show them as both being good but heavily flawed men.  The layers that it builds off of from Johnny's kid being with Daniel to Migual for a time being with Daniel's daughter made for compelling viewing.  Between this and Ad Block Plus blocking Youtube's ads I've been having a ball.  And I think actually like only seeing one free episode a week for season 2.  Binge watching is nice but it's nice to have a new (to me) episode to look forward to.

Also, the beginning to episode 3 (season 2) where Johnny discovers the internet is just wonderful.  It's almost far-fetched to believe that he's so stuck in the 80s that he doesn't know what the internet is.  But it was funny seeing it be like a whole new world to him.  But man, he sure has it good now.  He can see hot women on there in a second yet it would take me 5 minutes (on a good day) to download one picture of Sunny in '96!  The internet's come a long way, man.

• Like 1

RIP Tommy. He died from kidney and liver issues. Judging from his appearance on the show, I thought he actually had cancer. Pretty sweet of them to find a way to work him in and give him an on screen send off.

• Sad 1

• 11 months later...

I just watched all of it and it's fantastic. It's basically Degrassi: The Next Generation mixed with The Karate Kid, and I'm sold. But they need to get rid of Stingray next season. The character stinks, and "creepy old guy hanging with teens" used as Whackity Shamackity Doooo comic relief is awful. Yuck.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 2