DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

Looks like 'bron will have to do it again in Game 7. Kevin Love will be out with a concussion.

I love that this series is going to Game 7. Lebron and Boston have been the absolute best parts of the playoffs.

Rockets were far less insistent on getting favorable matchups offensively, so Iguodala's presence on the defensive side wasn't missed much. Third quarter on was Vintage Warriors, with gorgeous off the ball movement and screens. Unsurprisingly it was with the Splash Brothers leading the way and Durant's struggling self sitting on the bench. They can't go back to Durant iso-ball in game 7 or they'll lose regardless of whether Paul is or isn't playing. 

Not to pile too much on KD though. He's carried the team offensively up to this point with the Splash Bros struggling to find consistency. But tonight's second half was the team at their unbeatable best. 

That was one of the most pathetic 4th quarters of playoff basketball I've ever seen.  Rockets scored more points in 30 seconds of garbage time than the other 11:30.  Held to FOUR points in about nine minutes.  Warriors basically took the first quarter off and still stomped them.  The drama is that the Warriors and Cavs are both on the road, but I think we all know what's about to happen...  And I will be so happy to be wrong on either account.

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oh by the way,  I think Houston might have missed having CP3 out there.   20 turnovers or some shit?  But the media will pretend CP3 isn't needed. 

Wait, who?

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

But the media will pretend CP3 isn't needed. 

Right... Because there hasn't been a dozen articles about how much they were gonna miss him before the game tonight.

Once Thompson and Curry started putting in ridiculous shit every time, Rockets' heads dropped. No one out there with the will power or want to try and change the tide beyond trying to put up equally ridiculous shots for no reward. That game should have gone to a bucket or two either way, even without Paul. Instead, Rockets just accepted their fate and got fucked.

This really isn't a good game of basketball. Whatever happens with free agency and trades this summer, I hope the east has a better match-up next May than this shit.