DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

I feel bad for the Celtics.  It must suck knowing your season is probably going to be decided in the locker room hours before the game when someone asks LeBron if he still wants to play some ball next week, or if he'd prefer to get a jump on the Memorial Day traffic and leave for the beach now.

For a second there I thought the Rockets were gonna get shut out.

I think Harden’s just fine.

Not entirely sure how Draymond can get posterized, throw Harden to the floor and somehow not get a tech or a flagrant. At least they actually called a foul.

Sloppy 4th quarter by both teams. It looked like two teams playing in their first high pressure game of the year because that's pretty much what it was. Also first good game of the conference finals.

Chris Paul is a helluva player. Harden... Can he play through adversity or when things get tough does he just fold? 

Clutch City!!!!!!

That shimmy by Curry looks awfully premature and ridiculous in a game they lost on their own home court.  Especially considering the Warriors are the greatest team ever -- and then they added Kevin Durant.  How embarrassing to lose to the lowly Rockets. 

You saw the last two minutes or something, man. The 3rd quarter was fire, with both teams stringing together great runs.

Too much iso-ball from the Warriors tonight. 

• Like 2

The 4th quarter is probably a decent example of how to throw this Warriors' team and the one before Durant arrived off its game. Of course, with some luck thrown in. Make it an ugly, slower paced offense battle with defense emphasized. You'll probably still lose most of the time, but it's even more rare to see them lose when they score over 110. A better chance going the ugly route, imo.

• Like 1

It's a huge IF but the Rockets put themselves in a position where if they protect home court they are in.  Hopefully for their sake they don't have a repeat of game 1.  You'd think the Rockets have a better handle on how to play them now but you can't count out the Warriors having a 45 point 3rd quarter or something and taking it back to GSW with a W. 

That stretch from Curry in the 3rd was one long highlight and apparently a religious experience for those assholes in the stands.  Whew. 

Amazing game. I can't question the rockets anymore after coming back from that terrible 12 - 0 start and then surviving Curry in Q3. Impressive stuff.

On 5/22/2018 at 3:39 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Celts did a great job of not letting Cleveland completely slam the door though. Cleveland is a hell of a lot older and the more minutes you can force them to play the key old dudes in a game you've already lost, the better.

And, yup, Cleveland looked exhausted. I know Boston has been a very different team home vs road these playoffs, but I don't think it's entirely coincidence Cleveland's wins came after the multi day break for travel/TV purposes.

Obviously people, myself very much included, made a major mistake in focusing on who Boston is missing instead of on who they still have, and, somehow, I'm still not convinced LeBron doesn't somehow pull this out in seven.