DVDVR Message Board

Rusev In The Bank! - SDL - 5/8/2018

Dolfan in NYC

13 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Agreed, I kinda dig heel Nakamura.  But it's going to be infuriating when a LMS match between two legitimately great in-ring guys comes down to who has the most resilient groin.  Or is at least smart enough to buy a cup.

I thought for sure their last match was going to have the Road Dogg/Chyna finish where he had a cup on

So, like others, I'm fine with Bryan not partaking in any multi-man ladder spot clusterfuck matches again, but Rusev Day getting consistent babyface pops for months and them finally giving Rusev a win over Bryan is peak WWE.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

I mean Miz doesn’t need it, neither does Braun. So currently only Finn or Rusev make sense. And it’s clear that Finn vs Lesnar isn’t an endgame. So why not give it to Rusev. Dude is crazy over and could benefit from it. Plus he’s on SD, so it’s not like an important title is being used. 

Even if Braun doesn't need it, it'd be the most satisfactory outcome. And I'd argue that he does need a shot in the arm right now. He's been spinning his wheels teaming a 9 year old and a heatless guy whose most memorable moment thus far in his comeback was nearly dropping Cass on his head. Braun would be the perfect guy to win it and break the stupid cycle of fluke cash-ins by telling Lesnar exactly when and where he's going to cash in as he doesn't need to rely on surprise to ensure that someone "gets these hands".

To echo what someone recently said in another thread, I liked the IIconics a lot more when they were on my tv (well, monitor) once every three or four weeks instead of every week.  I feel like their act should be working on the main roster, but I'm not feeling it.  Then again, NXT is better booked, so....

9 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Asuka still works for this company, right? :(

She was in a vignette talking about competing in MITB. I assume she has a qualifying match in the next week or two.

20 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And I'd have been cool with Joe at least coming out and doing a promo, but I guess after his Roman match they don't know what to do with him. 

They actually flew him to the UK so he could wrestle Roman on the Raw tour opener.

6 hours ago, Gorman said:

They actually flew him to the UK so he could wrestle Roman on the Raw tour opener.

Okay, that makes sense.

Wait a sec, why the hell is Joe still doing Raw shows when he was drafted to SD?  You don't see Miz doing Raw shows after losing at Backlash or GRR.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Okay, that makes sense.

Wait a sec, why the hell is Joe still doing Raw shows when he was drafted to SD?  You don't see Miz doing Raw shows after losing at Backlash or GRR.

Most likely because he was advertised as being on the shows (I don't know for sure that he was but sometimes that is the reason)

Plus - with Brock not working the tour they need another "name" heel for him to work against since they moved all the choices to SDL

Unless you wanted them to start the Roman/Jinder feud immediately

On 5/10/2018 at 1:53 AM, Craig H said:

Oh man, the IIconics on the main roster are so insufferable. And not in the good way. In the, get these two fucking idiots off my TV before I change the channel kind of way.

The other thing is that when they talk like this, which they always do, they sound like they're mocking the Australian accent, which is really interesting since they're from Australia. I don't think I've ever see that before where someone sounds like they inadvertently mock the accent of the country they're from.

As an Australian I can tell you that they are definitely playing it up and putting some extra ‘twang’ into things.

This makes it twice as bad because I want to love them but I can’t help hearing how badly they are playing it up that I start skipping the promo.

Dave's thing about how Bryan should leave in September because of how he's been booked is so weird. He won at WM and looked awesome. He went 75 some odd minutes in the GRR and looked awesome there. He defeated Cass at Backlash. And then he lost in the main event of the most recent SDL against one of the most over guys in the company who has really done fuck all up until now. Dave and others have bitched about how Rusev doesn't get the rub from anyone or about how he's not used properly or whatever and then here Rusev is in the main event defeating DB.

You can factor in how he lost or whatever, but at least Rusev is somewhat elevated at the moment with this win and Bryan is still just as over as he was before. And all of this is reason why Bryan should leave in September?

I like Dave. I wish Dave would not be so fucking stupid and thickheaded sometimes. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Hold on. I’m officially invoking Hanlon’s Razor.

Which part is the malice and which part do you think is the stupidity?