DVDVR Message Board

Rusev In The Bank! - SDL - 5/8/2018

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

It's because he forgot it!

Except the words "learned" and "forgot."  I will lose my shit if he ever cuts a promo in perfect English and then claims in the follow-up that those are the only English words he knows.  I'm torn on how Nakamura is being treated because I love his dickhead promos, and I initially loved his heel tactics on Styles.  But man, they're just gonna turn him into the guy who hits people in the balls.  That's going to be his THING, isn't it.  Not even against Styles.  That's just who Nakamura is now.  Ugh.

Agreed, I kinda dig heel Nakamura.  But it's going to be infuriating when a LMS match between two legitimately great in-ring guys comes down to who has the most resilient groin.  Or is at least smart enough to buy a cup.

• Haha 1

Watched SmackDown live. Much like Raw I normally watch it on Hulu.

Paige didn't really need to come out and start the show she said nothing of importance she just said words. No storylines were progressed nobody came out demanding a match nothing.

Miz vs Jeff Hardy was good. they gave it alot of time it got two commercial breaks for crying out loud. Match was alot of fun. Thery countered each others shit in cool ways. Im surprised how well Jeff cans till get around after 20 plus career of crazy bumps.

Nakamura "forgetting english" ha, him as heel has been a blast. 

Carmella has been tight as of late so obnoxious. Her not shutting up about beating Charolette is pretty funny

Charolette vs Payton Royce was more competitive than I thought it was gonna be. Royce got in ore offense then I thought she would. Fine by me. Kay and Royce are golden on the mic they were stirring the shit before the bell. They are great heels, natural predecessor of LayCool just way better in ring. 

Xavier Woods vs Cesaro was fun too, don't count Woods out hes a fighter don't underestimate him or you will find yourself in trouble. There was a lot of distractions and Woods got caught at the end.

I dont understand what they are doing with Becky Lynch she should be the Hurt and Soul of SmackDown not the lovable loser. That finish came out of nowhere.

D-Bry vs Rusev, dude that was bonkers. Maybe i'm bias cuz D-Bry can do no wrong in my book but those two went out there and decided to just tear the roof off the son of a gun. I was shocked by the finish but hey Rusev in the Bank so there's your silver lining.

I'm going to say it as someone who only watches very occasionally, but the treatment of Becky Lynch is reaching criminal status.

I'm relieved Bryan is not in a big multiway ladder match. And I like Rusev, so I'm all for him taking Bryan's spot. Also it keeps Miz and Bryan apart for now.

Miz/Jeff got more time than I expected and was pretty good, probably the most I've dug a Jeff match since he returned.

Nakamura continues to be a fun heel.

Charlotte/Peyton didn't feel like it was as good as it probably should have been. I Charlotte & Kay had a better match a couple of weeks ago. Becky losing to Mandy in a non-fuck finish was odd and unnecessary. Mandy really hasn't proven herself enough for that yet.

I'm torn on the main event. On the one hand I'm happy Rusev gets a big match. on the other hand Daniel losing clean already feels like a WTF moment.

7 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Agreed, I kinda dig heel Nakamura.  But it's going to be infuriating when a LMS match between two legitimately great in-ring guys comes down to who has the most resilient groin.  Or is at least smart enough to buy a cup.

This AJ vs Nak feud is telling a good story but man, these matches better be leading to an actual good match because they’re all story and no sizzle so far. 

-It's a weird thing to fixate on, but guys throwing ridiculously high-angle clotheslines, so that their opponent barely has to duck at all, is one of the little things that make a big difference to me (we all have them). Cesaro was really parallel to the mat with his misses, so that put his match with Woods in my good graces early, and it was a lot of fun besides that. Love the flash uppercut finish.

-Bryan is Bryan, a savant, but losing to Rusev doesn't tarnish him at all. He was off for a few years; the announcers always shout about ring rust, but it should actually mean something, if we're to believe these are professional athletes performing at the peak of their industry. It's gonna be a while before I can totally invest in a Bryan match without wondering if he's selling or dying--some degree of verisimilitude helps... but it would be better if the circumstances were different--but the arm/wrist work, and how it made their respective submission finishers really combative, was awesome.

• Like 2

I mean Bryan has enough cred that he can justifiably challenge the champ whenever. He doesn’t need an MITB for that. Rusev does.

Besides, months of Rusev threatening to cash in on Rusev Day skits write themselves. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rick said:

poor Becky

With the way the announcers kept hammering away about her lack of success lately, I assume this is heading somewhere. But yea, that was rough. It's to Becky's credit that the crowd have not just gone apathetic to her yet. And it makes sense that Mandy would get a glammed out filter for her entrance lol 

I enjoyed Charlotte/Peyton and thought it was more competitive than I expected. The IIconics are so good in their role. Really hoping we get the return of the women's tag titles. 

7 hours ago, Casey said:

I sincerely hope none of you are actually expecting Rusev to win Money in the Bank. You’re only setting yourself up for disappointment if you do.

Considering the fact that most times they never seem to have an actual plan or end game mapped out for the winner, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

8 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Considering the fact that most times they never seem to have an actual plan or end game mapped out for the winner, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

They usually do have a end game. Granted "win a title shot that almost guarantees you the belt and then be booked to lose for months on end before winning the title on a fluke" is a shitty endgame but it's an endgame nonetheless.

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Becky is either winning MITB or turning (or both)

They'll probably turn her heel, then job her out to Charlotte or Asuka every week and she'll end up in the same spot or worse.

I wish Charlotte would turn heel.  Thought she was great on RAW a couple years ago.  IMO, she's very bland as a face.

17 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

They usually do have a end game. Granted "win a title shot that almost guarantees you the belt and then be booked to lose for months on end before winning the title on a fluke" is a shitty endgame but it's an endgame nonetheless.

I mean Miz doesn’t need it, neither does Braun. So currently only Finn or Rusev make sense. And it’s clear that Finn vs Lesnar isn’t an endgame. So why not give it to Rusev. Dude is crazy over and could benefit from it. Plus he’s on SD, so it’s not like an important title is being used.