DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank IX - 6/17/2018

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Y'all are silly if you think this ends in any other way than Ronda beating Nia in 10 seconds with an armbar so we're reminded of the last time when Ronda used to be culturally relevant. 

I don't think anyone here said Nia would win so I'm not sure what the point of this comment is.

I'm surprised they're going to Nia-Ronda so soon. I thought they'd wait until SummerSlam. Then again, it makes sense. WWE is working on a new TV deal and I've come to the opinion they kept the Universal title on Brock to make WWE look more sports-legit to compete with UFC. The same holds true with Ronda and she's willing to do publicity.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I don't think anyone here said Nia would win so I'm not sure what the point of this comment is.

I don't think it's a response to anyone saying Nia would win. Rather, it's a counterpoint to people worried about how sloppy the match could potentially be. Ten second squashes tend not to have such glaring flaws. 

On 5/14/2018 at 2:53 PM, tbarrie said:

Fair enough, but I think there's still a difference between "This match type could theoretically end in a no-contest" and "This match type could end with the same non-finish we just saw". And they've had a Last Man Standing match actually end on a double ten-count at least once, so it's not just theoretical.

But your objection just throws it back to my original question: is there any stipulation left they could use that would actually give fans confidence we'd get a decisive winner? Or have they killed all their matches with bad writing?

Go the opposite route - Title can change via DQ; Nakamura goads AJ into snapping and delivering a ballshot, resulting in AJ getting himself DQ'd.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Go the opposite route - Title can change via DQ; Nakamura goads AJ into snapping and delivering a ballshot, resulting in AJ getting himself DQ'd.

Oooh that's perfectly troll-y. I'd dig that finish.

1 hour ago, Hamhock said:

Even better would be a lucha Fake Foule and that gets AJ DQed and loses the belt. 

• Like 1

Announced remaining MITB qualifiers

New Day vs. Bar (winner picks a single member to be in match) - tonight on SDL

Becky Lynch vs. Sonya Deville vs. Mandy Rose - tonight on SDL

Big Cass vs. Samoa Joe - Next week on SDL

Lana vs. Billie Kay - Next week on SDL

That fills the Men's side

The women will still have 3 more spots to fill

Asuka is challenging Carmella for the SD Women's Title.  Guess we'll see if they are booking Carmella as the female Honky Tonk Man, otherwise she taps in 30 seconds. 

• Like 1

Surely Nakamura/Styles is going to be a ladder match cause there's already two on this PPV.  And nothing says definitive winner like one guy climbing a ladder faster than the other.

"Bork no go Money In Bank.  Money already in bank.  Fat man put there for Bork.  Bork go woods now.  Shoot animals."

They got to get Reigns back in the MITB match.  Then when he wins, he can cut a salty-ass promo about wanting to cash in that night but Lesnar's not there.  Then at Raw, he can cut another promo about cashing in but of course Lesnar's not there.  Then the next week, he can talk about Lesnar not being at any of the live events that weekend and not there tonight and he doesn't want to carry the briefcase around forever so it's time for Plan B.  Then later that night while Rollins is defending the IC title against Mahal, an SUV drives into the arena and right up to the ring and Reigns pops out of the passenger side and Superman punches Singh and then slides into the ring and spears Mahal.  Rollins wants to know what's going on and Reigns tells him it's time for Plan B.  If Brock won't come to him, he'll go to Brock and since he's going to be chilling and getting his mind right for battle, he needs Rollins' help.  Rollins thinks he wants him to drive but Reigns says he's already got a driver and Ambrose comes out of the driver's side and they tell Rollins they need him to make sure the ref doesn't run away when he wakes up and Ambrose gives the ref the Dirty Deeds and they throw him in the backseat.  Rollins is complaining about needing to defend his title but Ambrose tells him not to worry about it cause paperwork.  Then we get weeks of The Shield driving around looking for Brock and then Reigns and Lesnar finally fight in the wilderness of Canada for the Universal Championship.

Maybe they'll ride snowmobiles and see a bear.  It'll be cool.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Asuka is challenging Carmella for the SD Women's Title.  Guess we'll see if they are booking Carmella as the female Honky Tonk Man, otherwise she taps in 30 seconds. 

The iiconics interfere on Carmella’s behalf, leading Charlotte and Becky to run down, and Becky turns heel...

I would be down for The Shield and Brock trying to hunt each other down in the Canadian wilderness. It's time for an updated version of The Hounds of Zaroff/The Most Dangerous Game. I can only tolerate Roman when he's in the company of Ambrose and Rollins.

On 5/16/2018 at 8:08 AM, RIPPA said:

Announced remaining MITB qualifiers

New Day vs. Bar (winner picks a single member to be in match) - tonight on SDL

Becky Lynch vs. Sonya Deville vs. Mandy Rose - tonight on SDL

Big Cass vs. Samoa Joe - Next week on SDL

Lana vs. Billie Kay - Next week on SDL

That fills the Men's side

The women will still have 3 more spots to fill

we're due for a battle royal to fill a remaining spot.