DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank IX - 6/17/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Sonya Deville vs  Naomi in a MITB qualifier has been announced for Tuesday.

They are going with the story that since Deville wasn’t the one beaten in the first match she should get another shot.

10 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The Mandy/Becky/Sonya triple threat match made zero sense. Four women from each brand will be in the MITB match, so do four one-on-one matches on each show. They clearly forgot about Naomi until the wrestling internet started asking questions.

They must have had much bigger plans for the first ever* Wrestlemania Women's Battle Royale winner.

*not incl Santina Marella as Miss Wrestlemania.

I wonder if they will add a rule to MITB that the winner has to be the one to unhook the briefcase to prevent the New Day or the Riott Squad from helping their respective teammate win the briefcase

29 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

I wonder if they will add a rule to MITB that the winner has to be the one to unhook the briefcase to prevent the New Day or the Riott Squad from helping their respective teammate win the briefcase

Sticking to my Almas/Vega prediction. 

• Like 1

Sasha Banks won the last open slot in the women's match this week, with Samoa Joe winning the last open slot in the men's. I'm simultaneously happy that Sasha is is and disappointed that Ruby isn't, she's been on a roll over the last few months.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RIShane said:

Sasha Banks won the last open slot in the women's match this week, with Samoa Joe winning the last open slot in the men's. I'm simultaneously happy that Sasha is is and disappointed that Ruby isn't, she's been on a roll over the last few months.

Glad Sasha Banks is in, best women's wrestler in WWE. Shame Ruby Riott misses out, I'd have included her in it.

I would be sweet if Nia hurts Nattie in their match on Monday to send a message to Rousey and add a wrinkle to their feud. Angle then makes Bayley vs, Riott for Raw the week after with the winner taking Nattie's spot in the match.  Plus that sets up Natte vs. Nia in the future and gives Nattie a reason to turn on Rousey down the road. 

• Like 2

I'm surprised Becky Lynch made the MITB Women's Ladder match with how she's used/loses. WWE needs to do more with the Lass Kicker. It's a shame there's no Bayley so we get all four NXT Horsewomen included.

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

.  Daniel Bryan's comeback has lost all steam.  

The point.  Bring him into "just another interchangable part" territory.

25 minutes ago, Raziel said:

The point.  Bring him into "just another interchangable part" territory.

Well I can't argue with their strategy.  They just inked two billion dollar deals so they can do whatever they want with the talent and it means nothing. We can just watch and hope it gets better or stop watching. 

I get the feeling Bryan thrives on nurturing up and coming guys, just like he did with Roman and probably a thousand guys on the indies. I remember listening to an interview with Bryan where he said he often pleaded with management to turn the oven down when he was getting too hot, I see this as being nothing different. 

Yes I get Cass sucks. But who better than Bryan to help him iron out those flaws. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm not one of these "They're ruining Daniel Bryan!"  guys but what the hell is the point of this.  Big Cass is about the 12th most talented tall guy on the roster.   Maybe lower.  Daniel Bryan's comeback has lost all steam.  

I suspect you're giving Cass too much credit. I don't even hate the guy, but the 12th most talented on the WWE roster in 2018 is usually great. The 12th just counting the main roster is pretty good. The 12th just counting a brand is usually still solid. Cass is none of those things.

36 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I suspect you're giving Cass too much credit. I don't even hate the guy, but the 12th most talented on the WWE roster in 2018 is usually great. The 12th just counting the main roster is pretty good. The 12th just counting a brand is usually still solid. Cass is none of those things.

I said 12th tall guy, meaning he's less talented than guys like Corbin and Drew on down the line