DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank IX - 6/17/2018

Dolfan in NYC

That's weird. It looked like they were headed towards a Mickie James/Ronda Rousey program. Then again, it seemed like they were headed into a Absolution/Rousey & Natalya program before the Superstar Shakeup too. I guess they want the title on Rousey so she'll be the Women's Champion when Shark Week happens (and that Mile 22 movie isn't too far behind that).

I'll be legit impressed if Ronda can do a judo throw on Nia. But,Is this a sign they don't think Nia's reign is working? I mean booking her as the "overcoming so many odds" champion. She should be like Amazing Kong and just destroying everyone. Ronda should be the last one she faces.

Here is the WWE.com story

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/article/ronda-rousey-nia-jax-raw-womens-championship?sf189498162=1

Nia Jax shockingly named Ronda Rousey as her next challenger for the Raw Women’s Championship this morning at the NBCUniversal Upfront in New York City’s Radio City Music Hall.

The Irresistible Force revealed she wants to put her title on the line against Rousey at WWE Money in the Bank, much to the surprise of The Baddest Woman on the Planet. Never one to back down from either a challenge or an opportunity, a bewildered Rousey agreed to the match.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Shane confirmed that Styles/Nakamura will happen, but I think he forgot to mention the stipulation.

Given how creative they've gotten with non-finishes, is there a stipulation they could offer that would actually guarantee a definitive winner? I guess Iron Man with overtime in case of a tie would work.

What a joke.   Ronda was very impressive at WrestleMania but this has fucking disaster written all over it.   Also, didn't Charlotte win over Asuka to build her up for Ronda?  What happened with that?  

Charlotte beats Asuka.     Asuka hasn't done shit since.   Charlotte lost clean to Carmella.   Ronda is challenging Nia Jax instead of Charlotte.   

Fucking joke. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

Last Man Standing. I mean, after enough ball shots, AJ won't be able to stand anyway, so.

Except their last match could have been a Last Man Standing, and it still would have been a draw.

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What a joke.   Ronda was very impressive at WrestleMania but this has fucking disaster written all over it.   Also, didn't Charlotte win over Asuka to build her up for Ronda?  What happened with that?  

Charlotte beats Asuka.     Asuka hasn't done shit since.   Charlotte lost clean to Carmella.   Ronda is challenging Nia Jax instead of Charlotte.   

Fucking joke. 

I'm still pissed at Asuka losing the Streak to Charlotte at WrestleMania XXXIV.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also, didn't Charlotte win over Asuka to build her up for Ronda?  What happened with that?  

Fucking joke. 

Ronda challenging Jax doesn't rule out a Charlotte match. Charlotte could win the Rumble and challenge Ronda. Or at the rate they're blowing through this brand split nonsense, it could be title unification match by the time next year rolls around.

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

I'm still pissed at Asuka losing the Streak to Charlotte at WrestleMania XXXIV.

Asuka's streak ending.

Asuka submitting, her leg wasn't worked on beforehand was it?

Asuka cutting a promo putting Charlotte over more.

We've speculated about how Asuka's streak would end and how it would be a big deal. When it does happen, WWE cuts to the referee telling John Cena, Undertaker had arrived. Do that in a latter match.

• Thanks 1

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Ronda challenging Jax doesn't rule out a Charlotte match. Charlotte could win the Rumble and challenge Ronda. Or at the rate they're blowing through this brand split nonsense, it could be title unification match by the time next year rolls around.

If Ronda has already climbed the mountain top by the time a match with Charlotte rolls around it will be just another match.  They haven't even protected Charlotte either.  They've done a tremendous job in killing every female on the roster.  So I guess that's where the equality comes in.  They've ruined as many women as they have men. 

• Like 1

Ronda will be the new Brock Lesnar apparently.  Build nothing. No storylines.  Just have her dominate.  She's over so it'll be fine for six months,  maybe a year.   Give it a year and it'll reach the point of diminishing returns and they'll just continue to put her over because the McMahons have a fascination with celebrities who are past their expiration date. 

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If Ronda has already climbed the mountain top by the time a match with Charlotte rolls around it will be just another match. 

Or it would be built as a clash of the titans.

But of course I'm wrong. Charlotte lost a match, so nobody would care now. /s

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Or it would be built as a clash of the titans.

But of course I'm wrong. Charlotte lost a match, so nobody would care now. /s

To be fair nobody actually cared about Charlotte before the Asuka match,  after the Asuka match or after the Carmella match.