DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank IX - 6/17/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Yes, it's in 6 weeks, but hey, they're going full steam ahead, so...

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH (M) - Braun Strowman vs. Finn Balor vs. The Miz vs Rusev vs. Kevin Owens vs. Bobby Roode vs. An New Day  vs. Samoa Joe

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH (W) - Ember Moon vs. Charlotte vs Alexa Bliss  vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Lana  vs. Naomi vs. Sasha Banks

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Nia Jax (c) vs. Ronda Rousey

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Carmella (c) vs. Asuka

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The Club

FOR THE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Deleters of Worlds (c) vs. The B Team

FOR THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Seth Rollins (c) vs. Elias

Sami Zayn vs. Bobby Lashley

Roman Reigns vs. Jinder Mahal

Daniel Bryan vs. B*g C*ss

Probable

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns LOL, no.---

I'm really, really hoping they figure out a Tag Team MitB, but 3 of them is probably way too much.  

• Like 1

Did they specifically say each match was going to be 8 folks?

The even number makes sense since it will be split between each side but I guess I missed the part where they specified a number

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Did they specifically say each match was going to be 8 folks?

The even number makes sense since it will be split between each side but I guess I missed the part where they specified a number

Cole said it in passing.  4 from each brand.  

I think the 4 women on the RAW side should be Ember Moon, Sasha,  Alexa and Bayley.    Have Ruby Riott be the challenger for Nia Jax. On the SDL side,  have it be Charlotte,  Naomi and the IIconics.  Put Becky vs. Carmella and put the belt on Becky again.   Also,  Ronda vs. Mickie James with Nattie in Ronda's corner. 

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Charlotte is facing Peyton Royce in a qualifier tonight so your scenario isn’t gonna happen

plus it leaves out Asuka

I feel like after three qualifiers on each brand, they will do a battle royal with everybody (including losers from the other qualifying matches). Why else have the entire roster cutting promos on how they'll qualify and enter the MitB? It's not like Kurt Angle is going to give The Ascension or Zach Ryder actual qualifying matches. And, like you said, there are some other "big names" already out of the MitB match because of the qualifiers they've already run, so putting Ruby Riott or Peyton Royce or Kevin Owens, etc in a "Last Chance Battle Royal" makes sense.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Charlotte is facing Peyton Royce in a qualifier tonight so your scenario isn’t gonna happen

plus it leaves out Asuka

See what they did to me.  Now even I'm forgetting Asuka.  Okay,  remove the IIconics from the picture and throw in Asuka and Sonya Deville. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Have Ruby Riott be the challenger for Nia Jax. 

Ruby challenging after beating Sasha and Bayley makes sense. Ruby getting a title shot after just failing to qualify for the ladder match makes less sense.

What WWE does will bear little or no relation to what makes sense, though, so this is really just pointless rambling.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Only reason I mentioned Asuka is because I doubt they would keep her out of two straight PPVs.

The streak being gone also allows them to have her in a match and it not be obvious she would win (now on the women’s side it feels wide open)

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yes, it's in 6 weeks, but hey, they're going full steam ahead, so...

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH (M) - Braun Strowman vs. Finn Balor vs. The Miz vs Rusev vs. ? vs. ? vs. ?  vs. ?

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH (W) - Ember Moon vs. Charlotte vs ?  vs. ? vs. ? vs. ?  vs. ? vs. ?

Probable

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns LOL, no.

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

---

I'm really, really hoping they figure out a Tag Team MitB, but 3 of them is probably way too much.  

I mean they used to do 3x HIAC matches. And the three matches would have different structures. Plus we’ve got enough tag teams for eight teams to compete and still have multiple teams not included.  

The issue with 8 tag teams is it means that the ladder match has 16 people in it.

And it is silly to have a match where the a tag title shot is on the line and only one member of the team competes

Yea ... that's not going to happen for a long time now that MiTB is presented as a "Big 5".

That tag match is easily solvable if they go with 16 - just start with a battle royal or do eliminations until the field gets cut down to 8 and then the case becomes available to be retrieved. 

On 5/9/2018 at 11:56 AM, CSC said:

Yea ... that's not going to happen for a long time now that MiTB is presented as a "Big 5".

That tag match is easily solvable if they go with 16 - just start with a battle royal or do eliminations until the field gets cut down to 8 and then the case becomes available to be retrieved. 

Oh I know it's not going anywhere, I just wish it would. I'm just sick of it. They've basically done all they can do with it.

They’ve done nothing with it other than ‘I’m going to wait until the champ is hurt and take the belt’ and ‘I will challenge at this PPV’ which is super lame.  There is all sorts of stuff they could do but have avoided because they won’t give the champion any agency.  If they let the champion do something rather than let the cash in happen, it would revitalize the gimmick.

3 hours ago, Goodear said:

They’ve done nothing with it other than ‘I’m going to wait until the champ is hurt and take the belt’ and ‘I will challenge at this PPV’ which is super lame.  There is all sorts of stuff they could do but have avoided because they won’t give the champion any agency.  If they let the champion do something rather than let the cash in happen, it would revitalize the gimmick.

Braun winning is step 1.

Step 2 is Heyman putting a bounty on Braun's head. Start at say 50k and move up form there. Finally we get to Survivor Series or TLC and Heyman is putting up half a million (or a million) to anyone that can put Strowman on the shelf until the contact expires.

Then either Strowman fights back and cashes in there and then OR (even better) someone succeeds. Maybe Lashley? Strowman is down for the count.

Then on a random Raw, in the last few weeks of the case's limit we get Lesnar gloating his latest victory when we get the BRAAAAAAAAAAAAUN! cash in.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That is some fine Mid-Atlantic booking there. All we need is Brock yelling "KABUKI!!!"

Titus O'Neil! You and your whole entourage of people! Kurt Angle, you took the belt from me! You're the man! You can do it!

• Like 2

The latest RUMORZ~! is that Rhonda Rousey will wrestle at MITB

Supposedly that will be confirmed early this week as Nia Jax and Rousey are in NY doing the NBC upfronts