DVDVR Message Board

E3 2018 THREAD

RIPPA

Layden said that Sony’s pre-E3 showing will “feature exclusive looks and deep dives” on four big titles from SIE Worldwide Studios: Kojima Productions’ Death Stranding, Insomniac Games’ Marvel’s Spider-Man, Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us Part 2 and Sucker Punch Productions’ Ghost of Tsushima.

Sony’s E3 2018 showcase will also highlight games from PlayStation’s third-party publishing partners and independent studios, Layden said. He confirmed that there will be no hardware announcements during the show, so don’t expect the PlayStation 5 or the PlayStation Vita 2 to be revealed at E3 this year.

Shawn Layden, CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America and chairman of SIE Worldwide Studios

Of those, I'm looking forward to the Spider-Man game the most. I really want that to be similar to the kinda janky Spider-Man 2 game that was on the Xbox or PS2, I forget which. The open world one. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the suit. I just can't get over that, but Spidey games have always had unlockable cosmetic changes so hopefully this one has that as well.

I didn't play Last of Us so I don't know how much I care about the sequel. Death Stranding looks like it's just more weirdo Kojima shit and who knows when it will hit, but hopefully we'll get some more gameplay footage.

I don't know anything about Ghost of Tsushima.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Ghost of Tsushima is the only thing I care about. The setting is something Assassin's Creed should've done a decade ago. 

Bah.  It is the setting that Tenchu has been doing since 1998.

The only reason I am interested in Ghost of Tsushima is because it looks like a spiritual successor to the Tenchu franchise.

11 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Part of me is hoping that Bethesda will have a HD remasters/remakes of Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas for PS4/XB1 too.

Why do you enjoy setting yourself up for disappointment?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

Of those, I'm looking forward to the Spider-Man game the most. I really want that to be similar to the kinda janky Spider-Man 2 game that was on the Xbox or PS2, I forget which. The open world one.

Spider-Man 2 was on both OG Xbox and PS2, and so was Ultimate Spider-Man. Both excellent open-world Spider-Man games from that era.  I'm assuming that Spider-Man 3 is also open-world, but honestly, I don't remember ever playing it. 

On 5/11/2018 at 8:31 AM, Raziel said:

I only care about Last of Us 2 if you play Elle finding out what Joel did and killing him for it.

Help out my senile self - what did Joel do? 

On 5/12/2018 at 9:46 PM, Tabe said:

Help out my senile self - what did Joel do? 

Murder the entire group that was attempting to find a cure and doom the human race because he had a sad about Ellie, and possibly took a decision she had made out of her hands for entirely selfish reasons.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy predictions from me:

2K stuff: BioShock reboot (similar premise as the original but in a more modern time, maybe have it be the Jurassic World of the series where someone discovered Andrew Ryan's work and wants to re-open Rapture as a theme park and commercialize it, but inadvertently awakens Big Daddies and Little Sisters), WWE 2K19 will get a completely different engine and completely different developer working on it. 2K will use Decima Engine to make the wrestlers look like actual humans in-game and make the arenas look realistic as possible (will probably not happen and just be Yuke's shitting out another crappy job).

Telltale stuff: Tales from the Borderlands Season Two, The Wolf Among Us Season Two, Batman Season Three, The Walking Dead Final Season, Strong Bad For PS4

Bethesda stuff: The Evil Within 3, Elder Scrolls Oblivion/Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas Remastered, Dishonored 3, Wolfenstein 3, DOOM 2, and yes RAGE 2.

Square Enix: Just Cause 4, Final Fantasy VIII PS4 port, Hitman Season Two, Shadow of the Tomb Raider Season Pass stuff, Legacy of Kain reboot (I BELIEVE), Deus Ex: Mankind Restored (sequel to Mankind Divided, I BELIEVE), and Chrono Trigger PS4 port

EA: Dead Space Remastered (DS1-3 & Extraction), Shadows of the Damned Remastered, Mirror's Edge Remastered, Dante's Inferno Remastered + DLC, and Battlefield Bad Company Remastered.

Ubisoft: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Re-Fucking-Mastered is announced and free to Far Cry 5 Season Pass owners. Prince of Persia (2008) Remastered is announced with a new Prince of Persia (direct sequel) announced. Reboot of Rayman announced (similar to Origins / Legends but more emphasis on story). Valiant Hearts: WWII is announced. Flashback reboot announced.

Sony stuff: Jak IV is finally announced and revealed as true. Bloodborne II gets announced for real. A reboot of Syphon Filter will be announced. Legend of Dragoon gets a PS4 remaster. Level 5 announces a new Sony exclusive JRPG. Another gritty third person TLOU like game gets announced.

• Like 1

I like your predictions and most of those aren't that far-fetched really.  I'm hoping for a new developer for 2K19 but doubt they'll do it.  And Jak IV seems like such an obvious game to bring to PS4 that I'm shocked there isn't one already.

And @Death From Above, I'm so glad there's hardly anybody here at work.  I had a hearty laugh and the dirty looks weren't as many as if it was a normal week.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Death From Above said:

As we get closer and closer to the inevitable dump of RDR2 footage at E3, let us pause to remember the single greatest moment in western civilization.

32 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And @Death From Above, I'm so glad there's hardly anybody here at work.  I had a hearty laugh and the dirty looks weren't as many as if it was a normal week.

I wish there wasn't anyone here in my office.  I laughed way too hard at that vid.   Then I felt bad.  I like animals.  I thought "the idea that you can kill off your horse in a game with a locomotive is kinda appalling."  Then I watched it again and laughed even more.  Then I felt even worse for laughing at the poor horse TWICE.

That poor, poor (funny) horse.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Homicide by locomotive in RDR is only funny if you earned the Dastardly achievement by hogtying the hooker that tries to steal your horse and putting her on the tracks so that the train can kill her.

I hope there is a Dastardly Squared achievement in RDR2.

Man, I am not looking forward to RDR2.  I am going to lose hours of my life playing poker and getting my Five Finger Fillet timing down.

I am thrilled to death that the lifecycle for PS4 is drawing to an end.  I can finally afford to buy one so that I can play Ghost of Tsushima.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

Homicide by locomotive in RDR is only funny if you earned the Dastardly achievement by hogtying the hooker that tries to steal your horse and putting her on the tracks so that the train can kill her.

I hope there is a Dastardly Squared achievement in RDR2.

Man, I am not looking forward to RDR2.  I am going to lose hours of my life playing poker and getting my Five Finger Fillet timing down.

I am thrilled to death that the lifecycle for PS4 is drawing to an end.  I can finally afford to buy one so that I can play Ghost of Tsushima.

What's worse is having a PS4 and barely having time to play it because you missed out on games from PS3 gen.

15 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Herbert Moon is the perfect choice for hogtying -> rail tracks. Fuck that guy.

His anti-Semitism and seeming inability to lock his safe never fails to tax my patience.

This isn't a surprise or anything but EA has confirmed that Anthem will be showcased at E3 (both a new trailer and they are doing a livestream of it)

That will all be during the June 9 EA Play thingy