DVDVR Message Board

E3 2018 THREAD

RIPPA

My totally cockamamie theory about Starfield is that it will bridge Fallout and TES. There were Nirnroots of a sort in FO4, so maybe the various races of Tamriel seem so different because they are. Someone escapes Earth, lands on various planets, picks up some friends, they eventually settle on Nirn. 

Or, worst case scenario, Reddit is right, and it's the adventures of a space-faring cat in search of lasagna and a week with no Mondays. 

RE 2 demo

Resident Evil 2 Remake notes from vids and sites. 

Seems tank controls (RE 4style but more fluid) but shooting while moving are in. No Melee perhaps besides the knife and the Knife sometime gets stuck when used. Live selection inventory menu from Outbreak. Several re-arranged items and enemy placement. Persistent body damage is borrowed from RE 1.5? Not really sure. There's notes and keys stuff along with with modified puzzles. No A and B campaign but there might be more characters to use. 

Also the Zombie cops swarm like from the aborted R.E. 1.5 game as well.  Foes don't drop stuff and you still have to conserve ammo. You will have to shoot (aim directly) better to blow off the zombies head or acquire better guns from looking at the gameplay.  Zombies are able to take more damage. 

The dlc costumes that are for Leon and Claire seem to be diffrent. Notable is Elza Walker (aborted Re1.5 prototype character) costume for Claire. Selectable dlc old ost from PS1. 

Datto got to play Anthem at E3.

From what I can tell from his commentary, it sounds like Bioware learned all of the hard lessons from all of the mistakes they made while developing and (not) supporting Mass Effect:  Andromeda.

Too bad that I give zero fucks about this game and it is highly unlikely I will buy it unless a significant number of DVDVR XB1 Mafia members also purchase this fucking thing.

He isn’t the only one who said post hands on that playing it was fun.

Just as long as you are prepared for my constant harassment about not playing it

14 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I've always been into the aesthetic, it's just good to hear that "hey the shooting part of the shooter was fun" because up to this point we haven't really seen very much of that end of the game.

It is the #1 thing I think that they really understand though.  Starting with Mass Effect 2, they've pretty much had my favorite combat system in any game.  Andromeda 's best part was that the combat was outstanding, everything else is where the game falls apart.

• Thanks 1

The problem with it is most long term Bioware fans generally want the Bioware experience more then actual great combat. Anthem is in a weird spot, cause its mere existance angers a lot of their fanbase who view it as something they basically destroyed Mass Effect to run, and its not even a style their regular fanbase would be geared for. So instead they are going to have to try to pull the Destiny crowd away from them. Cause id they dont get them, this game could be another Evolve.

So, apparently with the nukes in Fallout 76, you don't use them on other players. Basic idea is you kill bad guys, find nuke codes, then launching the nuke creates a special endgame content area where you go fight some of the toughest enemies in the game for the Good Loot or whatever.

That's... not a bad idea (it actually sounds like the Map system in Path of Exile that leads to The Shaper), but why didn't they just say so?

On 6/11/2018 at 7:31 PM, Craig H said:

Uhhh...

Or it won't and turns into some Sea of Thieves / Fortnite online multiplayer bullshit game that no one wants but this is what we get.

I want Heavenly Sword 2, Enslaved 2, and DmC 2, now I won't get them.

So you want sequels to a bunch of games from a studio that doesn't make sequels to games, not to mention the fact that E3 just showed a trailer for Devil May Cry 5. What you want doesn't make much sense.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Death From Above said:

So, apparently with the nukes in Fallout 76, you don't use them on other players. Basic idea is you kill bad guys, find nuke codes, then launching the nuke creates a special endgame content area where you go fight some of the toughest enemies in the game for the Good Loot or whatever.

That's... not a bad idea (it actually sounds like the Map system in Path of Exile that leads to The Shaper), but why didn't they just say so?

For the record, they talk about this Making of Fallout 76 documentary on youtube, which is really really good. Completely sold me on the game.

6 hours ago, El Dragon said:

For the record, they talk about this Making of Fallout 76 documentary on youtube, which is really really good. Completely sold me on the game.

Shout out to Danny O'Dwyer putting in work.

Glad people are looking at that documentary. It answers so much and gives a decent ideas of Bethesda mindset behind 76. Stuff with the nukes seems be a case of sure you can nuke people you hate, but there is also story and loot behind your choices so maybe go with that instead. The camp dynamics sound nice enough though its disappointing that we can;t make little towns or cities with other players. That would have been a nice function.

I showed my friend who liked FO 4 enough and is currently playing Path to Exile that documentary. He was beaming about how much it sounds like Path to Exile's endgame system. He explained that all to me and honestly, if Bethesda pulls something like that off, that's huge.