DVDVR Message Board

E3 2018 THREAD

RIPPA

17 hours ago, JLSigman said:

From the look of the land in the teaser, I'm thinking Hammerfall. Fingers crossed.

THERE IS A TEASER TRAILER~???

THERE IS A TEASER TRAILER~!!!!! 

Yep, that don't look like Elsweyr.

I'm looking forward to being a Khajiiti prisoner that rises up and leads a rebellion that overthrows the fucking Thalmor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just want to liberate my people from the bondage of the Skooma addiction imposed upon us by the evil High Elf supremacists that has kept us in mental slavery lo these many years..

Getting in some murder for profit in an assassins guild not filled with assholes would also be awesome.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I just want to liberate my people from the bondage of the Skooma addiction imposed upon us by the evil High Elf supremacists that has kept us in mental slavery lo these many years..

Getting in some murder for profit in an assassins guild not filled with assholes would also be awesome.

Elfville Station makes JT want to bust some skulls.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, J.T. said:

As mentioned during the Giant Bomb commentary, I would be way more into a new Elder Scrolls game if I could be a skooma dealer.

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

As mentioned during the Giant Bomb commentary, I would be way more into a new Elder Scrolls game if I could be a skooma dealer.

How else do you think that I will finance the overthrow of the Aldemeri Dominion?

And yeah, that new Tenchu game.... uhh.... Ghost of Tsushima.... looks pretty awesome.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

How else do you think that I will finance the overthrow of the Aldemeri Dominion?

And yeah, that new Tenchu game.... uhh.... Ghost of Tsushima.... looks pretty awesome.

Ghosts of Tsushima looks like the hotness and man I miss some Tenchu. The other samurai game that was announced drew comparisons to Tenchu as well, but to me it looked more like Onimusha.

I would also take some more Onimusha or something like it.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I would also take some more Onimusha or something like it.

Yeah,  Shadows Die Twice reminds me more of Onimusha than it does Tenchu even though it is billed as a ninja game.

The people who are all GHOST OF TSUSHIMA IS NOT A NINJA GAME BECAUSE THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A RONIN AND SAMURAI ARE NOT THE SAME AS NINJA~!!  really make me laugh.  

I'll take "Things a Weeaboo would say!" for a thousand. Alex.

The people and the mission are the same; only the tactics and social caste are different. 

If you want something done during the day, send your samurai.  If you want something done at night, have your samurai change into their ninja outfits.

• Haha 2

The Last of Us Part 2

For me - I try to ignore all Last of Us talk because I know that is one of the things I want to play when I eventually get a PS4 so I have been trying all these years to remain as spoiler free as possible

I love everything about that Spider-Man game except for the suit. The suit just looks terrible. I'll never understand why various people want to monkey with something that is so iconic. Even if the spider insignia and some of the other trim were black it would still look bad. The only "new" suit that I wound up liking was the one in Infinity War. I don't see myself finding a way to like the suit in the new video game, but hopefully there's additional suits as unlockables.

I'm kind of amused the announcement of Fallout 76 is getting so much local press.  Local paper had a decent-sized article on the game.  Last time a video game was even mentioned in the paper was.... 7-10 years ago when the same paper had a weekly games column?  It's because the game is set in West Virginia (I live in Morgantown).  

Apparently, even depicting WV as a bombed-out wasteland populated by scavengers and atomic mutants is a good thing.  The state is like Vince McMahon in that its willing to chase mainstream publicity, even if it's negative.

Then again, the last pop culture media I can remember set in the state was that documentary film series, Wrong Turn, so....

28 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Then again, the last pop culture media I can remember set in the state was that documentary film series, Wrong Turn, so....

Well, there was that MTV reality show that they had to cancel because one of the stars died of carbon monoxide poisoning while he was mudding. Sooo, not the best advertisement for the state.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The Last of Us Part 2

For me - I try to ignore all Last of Us talk because I know that is one of the things I want to play when I eventually get a PS4 so I have been trying all these years to remain as spoiler free as possible

I'm legitimately going to buy a Playstation to play this game at this point.