DVDVR Message Board

E3 2018 THREAD

RIPPA

I'm surprised by the lukewarm/non reaction to that gameplay reveal of Last of Us 2. The graphics and animations are the best I've ever seent. Maybe it's because I'm just watching the videos of actual gameplay and skipping the filler shit? Or do we not expect it to look like that when it releases?

Ghosts of Tsushima, despite the sound glitch in the stream, has gorgeous landscapes and the combat looks like perfection. Shame no release date unless I missed it. Can't wait.

I don't know if you are talking about the reaction in the tent or the reaction here, but I think Naughty Dog isn't a very good developer. Their stuff tends to be technically interesting, but gameplay-poor. I've never liked one of their games, and I've tried many of them: Jak, Crash, TLoU, two of the Uncharted games. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I don't know if you are talking about the reaction in the tent or the reaction here, but I think Naughty Dog isn't a very good developer. Their stuff tends to be technically interesting, but gameplay-poor. I've never liked one of their games, and I've tried many of them: Jak, Crash, TLoU, two of the Uncharted games. 

I guess both here and in the tent. While I didn't think the first one was the best game evar, I enjoyed it for what it was. If nothing else, the level of detail in 2's animations is truly remarkable.

I'm interested in Ghost of Tsushima, VERY HYPED for Spider-Man, and interested in Control. Overall, though, the show was mediocre. 

57 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I guess both here and in the tent. While I didn't think the first one was the best game evar, I enjoyed it for what it was. If nothing else, the level of detail in 2's animations is truly remarkable.

I'm not a Last of Us stan or anything but to me...   it looked like the clear best game shown at E3.   The environment,  gameplay and graphics were on another level.   

Spider-Man looks really good a lot like Arkham I think.    

GoT looks like a beautiful game,  need to see more.      I don't know what to think of the Kojima.   That was odd..  

Resident Evil 2 was my favorite in the series so the remake will be a day one purchase for me.