DVDVR Message Board

E3 2018 THREAD

RIPPA

11 minutes ago, Raziel said:

If Keith David is narrarating all of Squeenix's trailers, they win.

Yeah - I am like "Keith David is telling me to play this game. Who am I to argue?"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

You'd think with 2 days, someone at Squeenix would realize the audio mix for KH3 is fucked and would've fixed it.

The best theory I've heard is that they did it on purpose to not drown out the song.

I don't understand Kingdom Hearts, but the good news is neither do people that play it.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Someone made a really good point yesterday that as all these games get bigger/more complex and begin sharing the same systems, it's getting harder to make trailers because the stuff that differentiate them is stuff that is hard to show: the actual dialogue you don't want to give away, the menus, the skilltrees/game systems. 

This drives me crazy watching this. They all look exactly interchangeable to me.

fade in to closeup of some flowers dripping rain drops.

"It's been X years since the fall/event/war..."

cut to a shot up toward the sky from the bottom of a ruined tower.

"Most of us don't remember a world before the scars/gorns/collective took over."

cut to a big robot slowly floating up over a hill

"Most days, just staying alive is a victory."

I'm sure they are all super different once you get them, but I'll be damned if any of this convinces me to drop the $$$$ to find out.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Listen, I really want this game to be good but this sure sounds a hell of a lot like "we have no idea what we're doing, please pre-order now".

Because that is exactly what t is. Its clear they wanted to try something new in online multiplayer, but don't have a full vision of what exactly that is. Really Fallout wasn't the game to try this with. The setting they are using makes it even worse as an idea. I think this will end up either being hated and eventually officially disavowed in the coming years or have heavy rebooting/retooling to make it closer to a normal Fallout. The no non-robot npc thing in particular is jut a moronic idea that I'm not sure how they ever thought would work.

Saying all of that I still fully intend to pick it up. The new world space and enemies look amazing. I think ti will still be fun to travel around and see what little background stories have been crafted. Still this should have been a normal Fallout with actual story and characters.