DVDVR Message Board

E3 2018 THREAD

RIPPA

10 minutes ago, Raziel said:

They know Game chats never actually sound like this, right?

This really might be the thing I hate most about these shows

This conference has had some of the bad Microsoft tropes (BUZZWORDS, love our hardware, shout out to all 14 people on Mixer), but I have absolutely zero complaints about the range and quality of game content being shown. Soooo much stuff that it's hard to even keep track of it all. This is a very, very good show for gamers.

• Like 2

This was okay for a showing. Battletoads is neat, Ori looks cool, and a lot of the third-party stuff looks nice, especially Shadows Die Twice and Cyberpunk 2077. I don't think it had any of the surprises that people online were hyping it to have, outside of Battletoads maybe, but solid showing.

Thankfully, they didn't do enough to get me to part with $180 USD like a dumbass. 

6 minutes ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

Halo Infinite has to have battle royale stuff right

Everything will have a battle royale mode

I expect Forza to have one

Side Tangent (but still E3 related)

The Austin Creed/Kenny Omega Street Fighter game has apparently morphed into New Day vs. Golden Elite (minus Kota Ibushi)

This is happening on Tuesday

Cyberpunk 2077, Metro: Exodus, Fallout 76, CUPHEAD DLC, SEA OF THIEVES DLC, and BATTLETOADS all have me incredibly excited. I really appreciated the first half of the show having minimal talking dickheads but they kind of moved away from that as the show went on... I was still really impressed by it all in all. That put EA's event to shame.

I hope Vermintide 2 has cross platform play between PC and Xbone because it looks great and I'd love to play with the homies.

Roll on Bethesda conference to give us all the deets on 76. 

The one valid criticism here is that even as great as a lot of these games are, there were very few genuine XBOX exclusives. Still a great conference though.

Also watching Dropped Fames coverage, Rami Ismail (half the brain behind Vlambeer, developer of Nuclear Throne among others) is really big on Tunic, the indie Zelda-lookin' thing where you play as a fox. He seemed super happy to see that game that he's known about for years step into the limelight.

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

The new Devil May Cry looks very very much like a new Devil May Cry. It's so stupid and good.

Nero with his trailer park woman (da fuq?), insane action, stupid dialog, Dante being an asshole at the end? I'm there.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Cuphead DLC makes me really happy. Hopefully it's sooner in 2019 rather than later.