DVDVR Message Board

E3 2018 THREAD

RIPPA

BioWare have confirmed they have a team working on a new Dragon Age in the very early stages and that Mass Effect is still on the table and probably up next after that (this sounds an awful lot like Mass Effect is going to be a very early PS5-era release).

Please resume claiming Anthem has killed Bioware, thanks.

14 hours ago, Death From Above said:

BioWare have confirmed they have a team working on a new Dragon Age in the very early stages and that Mass Effect is still on the table and probably up next after that (this sounds an awful lot like Mass Effect is going to be a very early PS5-era release).

Please resume claiming Anthem has killed Bioware, thanks.

Potentially will kill. Depends on how well Destiny 3----Anthem does. 

• Like 3

Here is the thing

I like Bioware games

I like Destiny

So I should like a Bioware made Destiny

It is when I focus on the bigger picture things, that's when I feel sad

• Like 4

I'm more excited about Unravel Two and Sea of Solitude and fuck the FIFA guy talking over the trailer to Sea of Solitude.

Anthem just doesn't have me excited at all. The world of the game feels very linear and closed path and almost like one of the prototypes for PS4/XB1 Mass Effect BioWare may had. Instead, it's turned into a Destiny / The Division style MMO shooter.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JLSigman said:

Potentially will kill. Depends on how well Destiny 3----Anthem does. 

Maybe they'll just release all the DLC that they should have released for Andromeda and say "Here, new Mass Effect game."

• Like 2

Now that EA is out of the way, companies who do more than one good game a year can show!

I'm interested to see what crazy shit Microsoft does here as a fan of their video game stuff in the past. Geoff Keighley indicated that they'd be making some unexpected partnerships, so I've decided that means that they're partnering with Nintendo on a couple of things. 

Also, I'm going to hold out hope for the impossible of a Kung Fu Chaos revival. Or at the very least, a Kung Fu Chaos backward compatibility announcement (as part of a list of games newly announced for BC). The closer the XBO gets to making all of their first-party OG Xbox games BC, the closer I will get to buying one and justifying the purchase to my wife later. "Well honey, my OG Xbox is 16 years old, it overheats, and the drive tray barely works, so it would have cost about sixty bucks to replace anyway. Why not just get the new tech for a hundred bucks or so more?" (She's cool, so she'll roll her eyes and accept it pretty quickly.)

EDIT: Also, that Metal Wolf Chaos port that was teased online. I want it. 

"Posting facts about Bioware's development schedule" is not defending Bioware. It's posting facts about Bioware's development schedule, which has about a thousand times more substance than GRRRRRRRR FUCK ANTHEM.

I also shit all over Mass Effect 3 at the drop of a hat, so there's that.

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I mean, this Forza looks stunning, but can we stop using pre-recorded presentations and having "players" on stage pretending this is a live demo?

I am 99% sure that was just an excuse to say the name of the cars as part of a licencing agreement.