DVDVR Message Board

E3 2018 THREAD

RIPPA

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, RIPPA said:

This isn't a surprise or anything but EA has confirmed that Anthem will be showcased at E3 (both a new trailer and they are doing a livestream of it)

That will all be during the June 9 EA Play thingy

I will do my best not to throw lumps of cow shit at my television set.

• Like 1

The EA Play thingy will be at 11 AM PDT / 2PM EDT on Saturday, June 9th.

This Anthem bullshit had better knock my socks off.

I can't be bothered to look up which streaming services will be airing the event live, but most likely Twitch and YouTube will be on board.

• Like 1

lol

anyways, my hopes for the whole show are release dates for Eitr and Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition, and also for that leak showing Killer Queen* for Switch being real. Dragon Quest XI already has a date, and I'm still just playing Siege and Zelda so I can't imagine any major publisher's game moving me. But, I've been wrong about that before, so, who knows.

oh and anything at all about UFO 50 would be nice

*for every reasonable human on here that is not as deep down these awful rabbit holes as I am, Killer Queen is a 10-player indie game that's played on two enormous five player arcade cabinets. It's like super complicated Joust and Capture the Flag that also has multiple win conditions. If they're coming up with a home version I am fuckin STOKED.

Most companies are saying Youtube, Twitch or via their Facebook page

A few are even doing them on their website

Assuming you don't want to watch it from a "news" site (like I always end up watching via Kotaku)

All I know is that if Crystal Dynamics announces that they working on a new Legacy of Kain that runs on the new Tomb Raider's Horizon engine and is published by Square Enix, I could suffer an aneurism.

• Haha 2

I'm hoping Microsoft will announce a price drop or enticing new bundle for the Xbox One X. My old XB1 is starting to act up on me (sound keeps going out then coming back). 

Added the spoiler box partly for image size and just in case someone is all I WANT TO BE SURPRISED WHEN THEY REVEAL!!!

But yeah - leaked lists of what is coming

A minute of Battlefield V gameplay.

An announcement of Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order but NO FOOTAGE OF ANY KIND? Not even a hype trailer with The Default Star Wars Music? What the blue shit is EA doing?

Battlefront II gameplay video is literally a 20 second loop that repeated four times lmao

This is hilariously badly put together. I want it to never end.

This game with the Yarny things seems fine if you want something to play with your kids. It kind of looks gameplay-wise like LIMBO but much less dark and brooding.

Sea of Solitude actually looks fucking great. I am interested. Super-weird how the big hype so far has been for smaller indie projects they are distributing.

• Like 1

I can't stop asking myself why are companies presenting Monday or Tuesday in the middle of the average work day instead of running today? What's the thought process there?

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I can't stop asking myself why are companies presenting Monday in the middle of the average work day instead of running today? What's the thought process there?

Maybe they want to be on prime time in Europe, at least for French company Ubisoft this makes sense.

• Like 1