DVDVR Message Board

E3 2018 THREAD

RIPPA

I guess we are a little more than a month out so I will start the thread with the news that Square Enix has announced they will host a conference this year.

First time since 2015

The schedule at the moment is

Saturday, June 9
Electronic Arts -- 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET

Sunday, June 10
Microsoft -- 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET
Bethesda -- 6:30 PM PT / 9:30 PM ET

Monday, June 11
Square Enix -- 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET
Ubisoft -- 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET
Sony -- evening (expected)

Tuesday, June 12
Nintendo -- 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET

They're close to as low as they've been in quite a while. I bought one, then canceled the purchase, then watched the price go back up by $20 in the last 2 weeks. Maybe another six months' wait will bring them even lower.

I definitely need at least a new card, since I've been getting the "whole system freezes on a solid screen of a random color" error ever since getting my 780 RMAed last summer.

Square Enix has that Avengers game to show that I'm pretty sure Crystal Dynamics is developing. I'm kinda interested in that. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I guess we are a little more than a month out so I will start the thread with the news that Square Enix has announced they will host a conference this year.

First time since 2015

More Kingdom Hearts 3 teasing, FF XVI hints, and another delay to the FF VII remake. ;-) 

If they're doing a conference then they need to have a set announce date for KH3, FFVII remake, or both.  If they don't have that for either one then I can imagine a lot of people will be super disappointed by them doing a conference.  Of the two it looks like KH3 is more likely to be about finished since they keep showing new footage of it in their trailers.  But if they say that FFVII remake came out late next year then I'm sure that will be fine.

17 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Square Enix has that Avengers game to show that I'm pretty sure Crystal Dynamics is developing. I'm kinda interested in that. 

Me too.

Confirmed games at the trade expo should include Anthem (urgh...), The Division 2, Last of Us 2, Super Smash Brothers for Switch, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Battlefield V.

I suspect that Skull & Bones, Mario Tennis Aces, and Cyberpunk 2077 should also be there.  I just want to see some footage of Octopath Traveler and get a release date so I can plan a few days off and make arrangements to steal my daughter's Switch so I can play it.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Craig H said:

Motherfucker.

Reading the article it sounds like it might be a different flavor of VC that's going to come with Nintendo Online more than just not bringing it back as is.  I'm hoping they discuss it more at E3 but I think it's best for me to reserve judgment until they talk more about it.

And if they have SSB Switch at E3 I'm sure there'll be a tournament.  Can't wait to see this in action, the release date can't come soon enough.

Yeah, my guess is that list was just a bunch of mock-ups they have prepped for when/if stuff is actually announced.  Like, there is 0% chance stuff like Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Metroid Prime 4 are getting release dates any time soon.

There's a rumor that Doom II will be announced as well. Someone from Bethesda used "hell on earth" to describe their next game and the original Doom II had Hell On Earth in the title.

Part of me is hoping that Bethesda will have a HD remasters/remakes of Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas for PS4/XB1 too.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So apparently Walmart Canada fucked and accidentally leaked the names of all the games that are getting showed at E3.

Some of it is obvious

One of it will make me, @J.T. and @Death From Above extremely happy

We shall see what happens

BORDERLANDS THREE FUCK YEAH~!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

There's a rumor that Doom II will be announced as well. Someone from Bethesda used "hell on earth" to describe their next game and the original Doom II had Hell On Earth in the title.

Part of me is hoping that Bethesda will have a HD remasters/remakes of Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas for PS4/XB1 too.

It's Rage 2.